PDA

View Full Version : My lightwave 8.5 donīt display all the tools

munguia.j
01-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Hi. I have a problem with may lightwave 8.5. I doesnīt display all the tools.
I have add all the plugins i have and I tried editin the menu, but I still canīt find all the tools. Someones can help me?
Thanks.

Silkrooster
01-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Instructions for resetting plug ins and menu options.

1. Locate your config files they should be at C:\Documents and Settings\user name or do a search for *.cfg. This search will find all files on your hard drive that has the cfg extention.
The config files have a name and a number for the version of lightwave you are using. Ex. Lightwave version 8+ will have the following config files. LW8.CFG, LWHUB8.CFG, LWEXT8.CFG, LWM8.CFG.
These four files can safely be deleted. Note: Any customization you did will no longer exist.

2. Start Layout

3. Reset content directory by selecting EDIT>SET CONTENT DIRECTORY or press ALT-F12(shortcut)

4. Scan for all plugins by selecting UTILITIES>PLUGINS>EDIT PLUGINS or press ALT-F11(shortcut). Rather than selecting the Lightwave folder and search for plug ins, select the plugins folder and then legacy plugins this is much faster as less files to scan through.

5. Reset Menu by selecting EDIT>EDIT MENU LAYOUT… or Alt-F10(shortcut) If the preset Default is grayed out, select 7.5 style then select default.
Silk

LW_jackn
01-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks for that... :)

I haven't applied 8.5 uprgade to 8.3 yet because many have said I might be headed for trouble if I do.

So if and when I do, this will be saved in a little text file just in case!

:p

lesterfoster
01-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Instructions for resetting plug ins and menu options.

Thanks Silk. I have bookmarked this thread.

Silkrooster
01-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks but I can't take all the credit. BeeVee gave me the idea. Actually he has a post similar to this one.
Silk

BeeVee
01-10-2006, 02:01 AM
:) And you don't really need to delete the configs as I've found through empirical evidence, just remake them... ;)

B

Silkrooster
01-10-2006, 04:39 PM
So you are saying that scanning plugins now recreates the whole file rather than adding to it? What about the hub issue with duplicate entries for layout and modeler has this been taken care of yet? I know its posible to manually change these, but if Lightwave can "sense" a problem and recreate the file, all the better.
Silk

BeeVee
01-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Not at all, it just means you don't need to locate the main config files - I've certainly never had a problem with not deleting them. As for the Hub, that's kind of a "special" situation and yes, I would recommend deleting the files then, but they are really two different things.

B