PDA

View Full Version : Groups for lights exclusion

Nitisara
01-04-2006, 03:31 AM
I suggest to implement groups for lights exclusion.
Currently if you want to exclude 10 objects from 10 lights, you have to make 10 x 10 = 100 clicks. If you want to exclude 30 objects from 30 lights, you have to... think about purpose of your life.

vbk!!!
01-26-2006, 11:28 AM
there is a script for it
Nick Lee's Bulk Light Editor
source here (http://frenchwave.org/Forums/viewtopic/p=13543.html#13543)
Hurley wrote somethnig aswell ... i think ...

jeremyhardin
01-26-2006, 11:56 AM
agree with this request. even the bulk editors are limited and inefficient.

each light could have a group for associations.
then you could drop objects into that group.
then in the light properties you could specify whether the light includes or excludes the objects in it's group.

vbk!!!
01-26-2006, 12:02 PM
sure
Lscript's black magic will never replace a well implemanted feature.

But if i follow your idea Jeremy, the real improvement should be to group any items, not only lights with lights !

jeremyhardin
01-26-2006, 12:06 PM
sure
Lscript's black magic will never replace a well implemanted feature.

But if i follow your idea Jeremy, the real improvement should be to group any items, not only lights with lights !
true, i would prefer groups implemented beyond just lights. but lights are a start! :D

Lewis
01-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Yes this should be implemented ASAP, maybe in Scene editor under "FLAGS" submenu so that we can ****+LMB multiselect and exclude instantlly (there is so many options there for rendering and other but not such thing like exclude from light - or i couldn't find it ??)

faulknermano
01-27-2006, 08:51 AM
true, i would prefer groups implemented beyond just lights. but lights are a start! :D

ahhh... the beginning of a node-based system. :D

3dworks
01-27-2006, 09:08 AM
I suggest to implement groups for lights exclusion.
Currently if you want to exclude 10 objects from 10 lights, you have to make 10 x 10 = 100 clicks. If you want to exclude 30 objects from 30 lights, you have to... think about purpose of your life.

definitely! good idea... maybe the 'group' concept could be implemented for other areas in the program, too. also light groups should be possible to be excluded in the object property dialog. i'm used to work with 'selection sets' in electric image animator, and it's a very confortable tool!

markus