PDA

View Full Version : File sequences, and then?

rvarela
01-03-2006, 08:46 PM
:newhere: I just bought LW8.5, and finally got the ScreamerNet running with 4 PC, but is the first time I'm creating file sequences, so I have no clue on how I will create my video, since I tried with Windows movie maker, but the trasition is too slow so I can't get 30 fps.

:help:

brayne
01-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi rvarela,

Apple's QuickTime Pro software (not the free version, but the one you have to pay $30 for) will allow you to open an image sequence, and then re-save it in a variety of formats.

Hopefully someone out there might know of a free option though...

Silkrooster
01-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Video sequences can be brought back into Lightwave by clicking the image editor button(F6 Shortcut key)

Selecting just the first image of the sequence, it is not necessary to select the entire sequence. For image type select sequence. Close the window.

Now select WINDOW>COMPOSITING OPTIONS...(ctrl-F7 shortcut key) Background image, select your sequence and close the window.

Set the properties of the camera to the same as the sequence.

Set up the render options for an avi or mov file format (Need instructions let us know)

click the render scene button (F10 Shortcut key)

Silk

rvarela
01-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Thanks a lot Silkrooster :thumbsup:
I just find that info on the manual, I need to spend more time reading :D

But now I found another problem!, since I'm rendering with SN, sounds like some frames are changing the texture of my scene, to see it better open the the zip file, there is 3 sequence files and you can see how the one in the middle is different.

Do you konw how to fix this? :help:

Silkrooster
01-04-2006, 07:39 PM
I have read somewheres where a problem like this can occur if you use different type processors. Such as intel vs amd or pc vs mac. Apparently each calculates math differently. Another thing to note is some procedurals are self animatable So it is possible to see animated textures when that is not what was intended.
Silk

rvarela
01-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Well it make sence since I'm using 3 PC's, one is AMD Athlon 64/3800+, second AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+, and a Toshiba with a Pentium 4.
So I may have to exclude the Laptop in orther to stop the problem or change the texture just to find out if the math get easier and the results don't change.

Thanks for the answer :thumbsup:

StereoMike
01-06-2006, 04:43 AM
Check first the settings of the texture, some procedurals have options for velocity and movement (e.g. wavespeed in ripples). And make sure there's no envelope on the pos/rot/scale fields at the bottom of the texture panel.

And for getting the images into an animation you could use virtualdub. It generates avi-files (with the codecs your system hosts) and it's free.

http://www.virtualdub.org/

I guess avi-files are like a red rag to the mac users, cause playing avis is a problem for them (don't know if it's impossible or just slow and bad).
So if you're posting avis of interresting stuff, people will probably ask you if it's possible for you to up a .mov.

If it's just hobby for you and you have to watch where your money goes, I would use avi for now. If you want to be nice and want to make sure that also mac-people can help you out when you post a problematic scene of one of your animations, then you do fine with spending 30 bucks on quicktime.

Mike

Riplakish
01-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Videomach (http://www.videomach.com/) is an inexpensive tool for recombining/splitting video and stills. I think they give a 20 day demo, and then it becomes nagware.