PDA

View Full Version : Vue 5 Renderer is no sissy

AbnRanger
01-03-2006, 11:51 AM
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_5_infinite/?page=4
For those of you who received Vue 5 Infinite with the recent promotion...a nice complement to LW's own.
I haven't heard anyone mention it, so I thought I would bring it up for those who may have overlooked it as a mere afterthought.

Carm3D
01-03-2006, 12:11 PM
It's a nice renderer but it's kinda slow.

mattclary
01-03-2006, 12:46 PM

Hmmmmm... Makes you feel right at home, doesn't it! ;)

wp_capozzi
01-03-2006, 01:06 PM
I agree, it's quite nice. I just rendered a 2k panoramic hdri image in Vue for use as a background that had about 3.5 billion polygons in it. Instanced trees on a landscape with nice clouds in the sky. Set up time was roughly an hour and it rendered in about 5 hours on a 3ghz 1mb ram machine. Background image is for use in a LW scene. I like it.

Regards,
Bill C.

AbnRanger
01-03-2006, 01:22 PM
I agree, it's quite nice. I just rendered a 2k panoramic hdri image in Vue for use as a background that had about 3.5 billion polygons in it. Instanced trees on a landscape with nice clouds in the sky. Set up time was roughly an hour and it rendered in about 5 hours on a 3ghz 1mb ram machine. Background image is for use in a LW scene. I like it.

Regards,
Bill C.That's probably going to be the most common use, I'd guess. I like the selective GI too.

toby
01-03-2006, 01:47 PM
I think that's the nature of the beast, especially considering the poly count and volumetrics and stuff... Terragen is pretty slow too. It's nice to have an alternative too, so far I like Vue better.

JamesCurtis
01-03-2006, 02:31 PM
If they ever get Terragen 2 out, I think THAT may give Vue 5 Infinite a run for it's money. Terragen 2 seems to have some nice features. It's too bad they don't have a beta version out to try yet. They are kinda slow in developing it unfortunately.

iaef
01-03-2006, 04:36 PM

Regards,
Bill C.
Well, if you only got 1mb of ram, I guess I could say that 5 hours were pretty fast. You are making miracles in there :D Did you meant caché ram or 1GB ;)?

DMarkwick
01-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Well, of course Vue is out now and the next version of anything is always going to be great :)

But seriously, Vue 5 I is a really nice addition to LW, it can do things easily & quicker that LW can't do very well, like landscapes for example. I'm sure someone can cook up a nice LW landscape, but not with millions of trees and not in half an hour. And certainly not render it inside 2 days :D

The forthcoming xStream plugin should be very interesting as well.

wp_capozzi
01-04-2006, 03:48 AM
Well, if you only got 1mb of ram, I guess I could say that 5 hours were pretty fast. You are making miracles in there :D Did you meant caché ram or 1GB ;)?

Hehe, I should proof read my posts. I did mean 1Gb of ram.

Mha8649
01-11-2006, 06:04 AM
I use bryce for my background images ... but since I've only had litewave for 2 days now Im an extreme newb ....can I use the images created in bryce with litwave? and if so how? :question:

Malorie
01-11-2006, 06:37 AM
My instant reaction to Vue 5 was that it looked awfully familiar. After playing around a bit, I realised why. It is VERY similar to Bryce which I have an old version of. Much of the same workflow and the layout is similar. The environmets texturing and such is fun to mess with. I can see where it will be a useful addition to LW.

I like it from the little I've played in it.

Yes, you can use any image as a BG in LW. Just load it up as an image environment or a backdrop or whatever.

Malorie

extrabyte
01-11-2006, 08:49 PM
the main reason why Terragen 2 is slow to arrive is because
he's been using it commercially at some studio/studios and
i believe that he has some kind of non-compete/can't sell it
to the general public yet kind of thing.

hstewarth
01-11-2006, 08:59 PM
I actually purchase Vue 5 Infinite ( from upgrade from Vue 4 Pro ) before getting the Lightwave 9/Vue 5 Infinite deal and I really like it because of object importing - like Poser objects - if you really like to find nice Vue stuff - look at Robert Carnarzy's Dead City Images.

Also the following is good for us Lightwave folks...

Lightwave 3d and Vue 5 Infinite intergration (http://www.sharbor.com/products/ASLN3010006.html)

2 copies of Vue 5 Infinite is nice, side by side computers research on othe products. By the way some of Dead City projects are included in Vue 5 Infinite samples.

Stewart