PDA

View Full Version : [VT3] VTScript for DDR control ???

vojtek11
01-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Is there any way (using VTScript only) to launch DDR (actually I did that!) and... control it? I.e. add a RTV clip? start it? change it's name (to set it - using VTScript as well - as input on the switcher) ?...

I can't find any clues in the Newtek's documentation...

Thanks in advance,
Vojtek

John Perkins
01-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Look in the section: Editor commands shared with DDR

PlaceOntoMainIn( )
PlaceOntoPreviewIn( )
PlaceOntoDSK( )
PlaceOntoKey( )
AutoOntoMainIn( )

I can't find anything to add files either, but knowing that the DDR is a stripped down Editor, either try the AddFiles command or use the editor as a DDR if screen space isn't an issue.

In a bind, use the Copy() command in a Filebin and Paste() from the DDR...

Definately look through the DDR and Editor sections, they are applicable.

Let me know how it comes out!

vojtek11
01-04-2006, 04:24 AM
Screen space is not the question. However make VTScript to control particular VTEdit seems to be unclear. I.e.

Launch("Switcher_Tabbed", "MySwitcher")
Launch("Videoeditor")
PlaceOnDSK()

Two "Launch" commands work. Switch and VTEdit are launched. I have no idea how make VTEdit to be assigned to DSK source. I also cannot understand how control two instanced of VTEdit - i.e. if I would like to place one instance or another on DSK.

Vojtek

vojtek11
01-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Thank You for couple of private suggestions. Unfortunatelly - with ultra-out-of-normal VT GUI nothing works properly...

I've been trying recently a different approach. Unlucky for me, Newtek released SDK for programmers without a single shred of documentation. Only thing I can do is to study header files. Very mysterious sometimes... (thanks Newtek!). Anyway there is a ready-to-use example of creating own DDR (playclip.c). And there is an example "output with alpha" - the second one is creating an instance of a switcher. For couple of days, I've been trying to connect those two: to create a DDR (using rtc_OpenClientVTR() ) and puting it as source on my switcher created with switcherclient_Create(). No luck until now. I don't even know if it's possible at all since those SDK parts are not sharing any common variables. Maybe someone did that already?

Vojtek11

John Perkins
01-31-2006, 12:45 AM
If you tell a VTEdit to PlaceOntoDSK(), it will be on the DSK. You then have to tell the switcher to enable the DSK.

There is another thread where I posted a new TS command that can talk to other modules, i.e. the script can run in the switcher, but send commands to a VTEdit. Maybe that would help.

If you really want to do it from C, I can possibly help you there, I've done a bit of work in that area. I just prefer to use script commands where possible.

If you are missing TS commands to make it work, I may be able to help you figure out how to make those too. They aren't that hard compared to writing the whole app in C.

John Perkins
01-31-2006, 01:06 AM
I just uploaded the source to that command in the other thread, maybe it will help.