PDA

View Full Version : Inertia plugin

spec24
01-01-2006, 08:09 AM
Does anyone know a plugin that works like inertia but applies the intertia affect to points around bones? So, for example, when you move a bone you could have the "skin" jiggle around the bone.

tried fi's_Lagmotion but can't seem to make it work correctly.

pooby
01-01-2006, 08:43 AM
I would confidently say there is not a plugin that can do that, however
You can use Cloth FX to do this..
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28601&page=3&pp=15&highlight=muscle+skin
in this thread is an example called flabback..

IS this what you mean?

spec24
01-01-2006, 08:58 AM
thanks pooby. I was hoping that there was something because it seems like it would be so easy to set up. I know I can mess with Cloth FX and set it up, was just hoping for an easier route :) Inertia does such a nice job on the whole object.

Dodgy
01-01-2006, 10:11 AM
You could use sockmonkey to associate a weight map to a null object, then use follower to have that null follow the bone, or better still, use my springy thingy plugin as this will give it proper elasticity, though you'll have to orient constraint the null to make it follow the angle of the bone as well as the position. SoftFX can also be used, with a weight map to control the jiggle.

SplineGod
01-02-2006, 02:39 PM
I would also go with Dodgys suggestion. Instead of sockmonkey just use a bone. Sockmonkey overrides other deformations like morphs. You could also it with an endomorph as well.

sudac20
01-02-2006, 03:10 PM
go with soft FX and weightmaps