PDA

View Full Version : Network Card Issue

dvejendla
12-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Hello Everyone,

Our Tricaster's network card has been giving us trouble the past couple of weeks. In Windows, it says the network cable is unplugged, even though it is plugged all the way in. There is no green light that comes on when the Tricaster is running.

I have checked the Windows device manger and everything is OK there. It says this device is working properly.

I have tried other ethernet cables, but have had no luck. I use those same cables on different computers on the network and they work just fine. I have tried different ports on the router and have reset the router, but that does not work either.

That leads me to conclude that there is an issue with the network card in the Tricaster.

The lack of a network connections prevents us from streaming live and the using the iVGA function. We heavily use those two features.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Happy New Year to everyone.

Deepak

KWeaver
01-02-2006, 07:31 AM
Did this work previously? Has anything changed?
To verify that your network card is good try this.
Go to a cmd prompt and type "ipconfig" and get the ip address and then type "ping ip address". if this comes back with a number, your network card is operating properly.
I would than check your network assignments. Are you using a domain and firewall?

John Perkins
01-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Is the router an old 10/100 hub or a new gigabit router?

I've had several problems (not with TriCaster) where the speed kept renegotiating when gigabit cards or switches were involved or old (non-switched) hubs were used.

If so, right click on the network connection and select properties.
There is a configure button for the network adapter.

On the window that pops up look for speed and duplex. Manually set the speed and duplex.

Try both 100/full duplex (best if your network supports it) and 100/half and see if it helps. It's possible that your network hardware only supports 10mbit or even that it's failing.

Even 10mbit is plenty for streaming, that's way bigger than almost anybodys upload speed.

You may have to call NewTek support Tuesday if nothing works.

Good luck

dvejendla
01-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Thank you guys for your input. I will try out these suggestions and report back.

amiga2091
01-12-2006, 04:32 PM
The TriCaster doesn't have a network "card" per say. It does have an RJ-45 port via the motherboard since I have built a ton of these in house. You might want to call us here at Tech Support because I am thinking this might even be an RMA issue. Go to the Admin section of the TriCaster. Go to Control Panel/System/Device Manager/Network Adapters and make sure you have this for the network adapter:

Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC #2

I checked our TriCaster in Tech Support and that is what I got off of ours. For some reason if you do not have this, you might want to give us a call so we can troubleshoot this further. Our Tech Support number is 210-341-8444. We are open Monday thru Friday 9:30-5:30 CST.

John

dvejendla
01-14-2006, 01:04 AM
The TriCaster doesn't have a network "card" per say. It does have an RJ-45 port via the motherboard since I have built a ton of these in house. You might want to call us here at Tech Support because I am thinking this might even be an RMA issue. Go to the Admin section of the TriCaster. Go to Control Panel/System/Device Manager/Network Adapters and make sure you have this for the network adapter:

Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC #2

I checked our TriCaster in Tech Support and that is what I got off of ours. For some reason if you do not have this, you might want to give us a call so we can troubleshoot this further. Our Tech Support number is 210-341-8444. We are open Monday thru Friday 9:30-5:30 CST.

John

John,

I have called Tech Support and the have asked me to ship my Tricaster in, which I did. Last I heard is that it is being sent back to Shuttle for repair. They shipped me out a loaner while my Tricaster is being repaired.

Only thing is that the loaner I received is having some issues as well. First it would not launch into the Tricaster software. After repeatedly shutting the computer down several times, it finally launched into Tricaster.

Later I had to go into Admin mode to change a network setting. Of course Windows wanted me to restart my computer, which I did. Now I am back to th same problem except I get this error message: "The application has failed to start because BackgroundGenerator.Toast was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I am not sure about what to do at this point. Any input on this would be appreciated. Thanks.