PDA

View Full Version : problem on install [8]

jupiter-cola
12-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Hi All

as you can tell - I am new to the Lightwave software. I just installed the software, and loaded the content disk as instructed. and it doesnt load when I click on the application. does this have anything to do with Tiger. I am using system X.4 - Tiger. I also tried opening in 10.3.9 - still nothing.

It does ask for a graphics card which I might have to invest. this might be the problem. I am still running on the card given with the computer. - can anyone help? i have a G5 dual 2 GHz.

Thanks much -

David S.
jupiter-cola :thumbsup:

toby
12-31-2005, 02:28 AM
Are you sure it's not asking for a Sentinel driver instead of a card?

jupiter-cola
12-31-2005, 07:12 AM
Hi,

thanks for the reply. actually the box calls for a graphics card. But when I activate the application it doesnt even start up. It doesnt load. pardon my ingorance - but what is a Centinal Driver? Do I need to download one for this program?

Thanks again
Happy New Year everyone.

David S.

jupiter-cola
12-31-2005, 07:20 AM
OK - If you run Windows XP Operating system - the outside instructions call for the SENTINEL PROTECTION. Does this apply to the Mac? I am running system 10.4 - the latest version of Tiger.

Thanks
David

toby
12-31-2005, 11:32 AM
The Sentinel drivers are for the dongle / hardware lock, Mac and PC. If they're not installed LW won't run. Do you get an error message of any kind? You might have to erase everything and install it again.

The graphic card in your G5 is just fine for LW.

jupiter-cola
12-31-2005, 12:35 PM
BINGO!!!!

THANKS TOBY!

David S.
jupiter-cola