PDA

View Full Version : Residential Home

Derek Youssi
12-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey guys,

I fixed up an old project that I did for client awhile back. He only paid about 300 for it so it was pretty poor quality to begin with. I have rescently decided to focus on architectural visualization, so I took the time to fix up and re-render this model for use in my portfolio.

I posted both the old and the new version so you can see the difference.

The new one is rendered with monte carlo radiosity, with FPrime, at 5120x4096. This is the result after letting it render for 7 hours. (Sasquatch had to be rendered seperately and composited in, but that render only took about 25 minutes)

Oh, and there are 2 small problems with the render that I am aware of and will fix in the future, but I won't name them because people tend to focus on the messups after they're pointed out. :D

The first render is the original, second one is the newer revised version.
Check out my portfolio at www.youssistudio.com
Looking for work!!

loki74
12-30-2005, 06:26 PM
wow, nice!

The things that stand out to me is the top part of the stone column looks funny; the textures dont seem to line up quite right, and to the back of the house (right hand side of the pic) the building looks kind of floating.

adrian
12-31-2005, 12:54 AM
Very nice render. To add my two penneth about the stone column, the texture looks a little flat.

I really like the tiling on the roof. It looks like you modelled them individually (as opposed to a texture).

Derek Youssi
01-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Yea, it's hard to get the stone column to not look flat while using a texture. The only way to get around that is to actually model the stones in place, but that is not something that would actually be done in this type of work. I don't think the time or budget would allow for me too spend a whole day modeling a stone pillar heh.

And yea, the roof tiles are modeled, with a texture put over them to discolor them from each other. I need to go in and manually fix the tiles that are on the seams though since the texture does not line up.

shaol
01-05-2006, 07:09 AM
my bigest problem is the front window the scale isn't right or you need to make the molding thiner.

nerdyguy227
01-06-2006, 07:53 PM
nice work though the most noticable thing to me that probably makes it seem detached from the ground is how there is a somewhat intense (but realisticly intense- as in thats what it should be) shadow on the path on the side of the house and in front of the front door but it does not look like there is a matching shadow being casted onto the ground.