PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noise during transition

nevesem
05-12-2003, 11:21 AM
I captured DV footage and assembled a project with nothing but fade transitions between the files. I noticed a brief "clicking" sound that only happens half-way through the transitions. It is REALLY noticeable now that I burned the project to a DVD...
I've browsed the forum and couldn't find anything that matches this problem. I have enough fans in my case so it's not a overheating issue, specially considering it only happens during the fade..
thank you!

Eddie

James Moore
05-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Have you tried changing the audio in and out at that fade point? It could be the auto audio fades that are giving you the bad sound. Another possiblilty is that the DVE effects are on the same drive as your video sources, this can cause 'skipping' if the drives can't keep up.

nevesem
05-12-2003, 12:37 PM
My DVE folder is definitely on the video drive. I'll try changing it. My throughput is around 124mb/s.. I thought it was enough but I'll try your suggestion. The fade in/out was sync'ed with the transitions..
tks for the help!

Eddie

Dan Hong
05-12-2003, 05:56 PM
What build are you using? I had this problem a few builds back. I wasn't the dve that was making the click, it was actually an audible click at the very end of the audio file atttached to the the video clip. I solved (?) the problem by zooming in and seeing the sound in the waveform and fading the audio out before the click.

nevesem
05-13-2003, 08:21 AM
I was using the version prior to 3890..
I will zoom in the audio to check your suggestion. tks!

mrjaialai
05-13-2003, 11:53 AM
ditto that. Fortunately, there is an audio fade knob in the edit properties panel.