PDA

View Full Version : Is joint morph tool fixed in 9?

prospector
12-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Specifically; when making a joint morph anywhere, it records that morph to EVERY point in the model.

It lists the morph in the info panel but has the number 0 as the amount, so there is no morph there but it lists it, so when you have a joint morph for every joint in 10 fingers and the elbow and the knees and any facial morphs used in joint morph (Like the jaw), every point has every morph listed even tho they are listed as 0.
So a finger joint morph is listed on the foot points.

Is there a workaround?

currently I have to cut parts and save as a new object then make my morphs on that object, save it, then bring in and merge points with the original. This has to be done with the polys around each joint that you might need to make a morph.
Like 30 finger joints, an elbow joint, shoulder up,down,back,and front.
very tedious and annoying.

toonafish
12-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Untill it's fixed you might wanna use mister Fi's "Clear ZPs in All Weight Maps"

http://flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1577

I use it a lot, works great

prospector
12-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Yep,tried it and it cleans weights only, not morph 0's

evenflcw
12-29-2005, 06:30 PM
You should be able to use Cull Map set to Treshhold 0.0, and Clear Mapped activated. You'll have to do it manually for each and every morph though.

I didn't know JointMorph showed vmaps selectivly. Never really used it. Is this in Modeler, Layout or both? Pretty nifty I think.

prospector
12-29-2005, 07:36 PM
shows in the point info in modeler.
will have a go at cull map

evenflcw
12-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Oh sorry, I missunderstood. It was late evening/early morning when I read the initial post, so half-consious/half-asleep already. I guess reading the feature request section before this post did it's part aswell. :)

prospector
12-30-2005, 02:52 AM
YEP !!! Cull map works :thumbsup:

Would be nice if it didn't do it to begin with tho

Thanks evenflcw

Chuck
12-30-2005, 09:44 AM
I've passed a link to this thread along to development, so they will be aware of these concerns!