PDA

View Full Version : How do I make my points like these? Just curious...

ChillWill Graphix
12-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Hey guys,

I'm working through a tutorial and thought that it would be cool to make my points look like this, but have been unable to figure it out yet. I saw somebody else using points like these yesterday, but didn't think to ask them how they did it. Is there a plug-in that I need or something? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Later and Happy Holidays,

Mike

P.S. These points are from Dan Ablan's Inside LW 7 Book.

Wickster
12-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Is that a radial set of points? If so, the easiest way would be to create a flat Ball / Disc(Create > Primitives > Ball / Disc), then after creating it hit the "k" key to kill the poly and you're left with the radial set of points. I hope that helps.

GregMalick
12-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Wickster,

MiWi is refering to how the points are being displayed... little boxes.

Bytehawk
12-29-2005, 02:51 PM
modeler
press d for display options
in the fourh tab, Interface at the botom, simple wireframe points, check that and adjust the width to taste

cheers and happy holidays

Silkrooster
12-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Bytehawk,
Problem with that is you end up with a solid box. I am wondering if it wasn't an open box back in ver 7 or earlier.
Silk

ChillWill Graphix
12-29-2005, 03:51 PM
From what I am reading (I've posted the same thread here, in SpinQuad, & CG Talk forums), it's a LW 7 thing. Too bad - I'd rather have the open boxes than the solid ones. Oh well - thanks for the replies :)

Later - Mike

Bytehawk
12-29-2005, 05:27 PM
i thought it was a driver issue, those hollow squares.