PDA

View Full Version : Lost USB Key!!!

Terence Daniels
12-27-2005, 12:57 PM
I seemed to have lost the USB key for LW 7.5 while working at the lab at my school. Ids there a special unlock code for my copy of the program?

Tima
12-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Why NT don't make a licence tool without hardware driver, for example i'm a hobbist i have buy lightwave 8.5 i have an old hardware key not USB and i cannot install lightwave on my new laptop, or it needs to use a crack version :thumbsdow .
I think it's not a good thing to keep hardware stuff for manage licensing.
Maya , XSI, 3dsmax, eyeon have chosen a software solution why not for Lightwave ? What do you think about it ?

BeeVee
12-28-2005, 01:32 AM
No-one "needs" to use a cracked version. NewTek has a very generous policy regarding dongle exchange and the discussions of dongle/no-dongle have gone on for long enough that a search on here is all that's needed to find out all the pros and cons easily.

B

eblu
12-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Why NT don't make a licence tool without hardware driver, for example i'm a hobbist i have buy lightwave 8.5 i have an old hardware key not USB and i cannot install lightwave on my new laptop, or it needs to use a crack version :thumbsdow .
I think it's not a good thing to keep hardware stuff for manage licensing.
Maya , XSI, 3dsmax, eyeon have chosen a software solution why not for Lightwave ? What do you think about it ?

dude. why haven't you traded in the old dongle yet? Get on it!
:twak:

Newtek is Very good about helping you with the dongle, and as far back as i can remember, they have been good about upgrading it.

SeptemberSnow
12-29-2005, 06:45 PM
It's also been my experience that NewTek was very good about giving me a replacement dual Mac/PC dongle for my Mac dongle. I've had nothing but positive experiences dealing with NewTek.

Gui Lo
12-31-2005, 05:47 AM
I exchanged my old dongle for a USB one when I upgraded to LW8. Very easy, no problems.
As others have said ask the local dealer or NewTek to exchange it.