PDA

View Full Version : Compositing Software not compatible with VT4.5

jport
12-26-2005, 12:34 AM
i've used AE 6.5, Combustion 4 and Digital fusion 3(will upgrade to 5). and it seems with the upgrade to VT4 and then VT4.5 some compatibility issues have come up.

After Effects 6.5 locks up and/or crashes when using .rtv files during compositing. Also when using VT external monitor with AE may sometimes render a "project file" unaccessable.
The Solution for me has been to remove the ToasterFB.aex file from the plug-ins folder, restart AE, and re-install the toaster plug-in. also NT25 doesn't work with AE.

in Combustion 4 almost by accident i've discovered that by using C4s particle system with VT4.5 will crash C4 permanently unless you uninstall "pinnacleframebuffer.dll" from the plug-in folder. this is the file installed by VTs 3rd party installer program.

Digital Fusion 5 is not compatible with VT4.5 at all. in Newtek & Eyeon sites there is no upgrade for a Fusion 5 installer for VT. with the release of DFX 5 i still have not heard or seen anything that says Fusion 5 works with VT4.5. a fix was posted on how Fusion 5 can recognize .rtv files, but as far as i know it didn't work.

can someone comfirm whether or not these issues are being adressed by newtek?

SBowie
01-05-2006, 07:41 AM
Digital Fusion 5 is not compatible with VT4.5 at all. in Newtek & Eyeon sites there is no upgrade for a Fusion 5 installer for VT. with the release of DFX 5 i still have not heard or seen anything that says Fusion 5 works with VT4.5. a fix was posted on how Fusion 5 can recognize .rtv files, but as far as i know it didn't work.D5 seems to be loading and saving RTV's alright, based on a hasty test.

Frame buffer support via the VT outputs does not seem to be working correctly, though I've not spent any time trying to figure out what is wrong as yet. (It seems that if winrtme is running, I have to kill it before D5 will launch without hanging most of the time.)

eon5
01-05-2006, 05:26 PM
DF5
What .dll and plugins do I need to load Toaster files without the hardware installed?

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=305702#post305702

F5 doenst work with VT4.6... i cant losd/save .rtv files

Tom Wood
01-05-2006, 08:11 PM
D5 seems to be loading and saving RTV's alright, based on a hasty test.

Frame buffer support via the VT outputs does not seem to be working correctly, though I've not spent any time trying to figure out what is wrong as yet. (It seems that if winrtme is running, I have to kill it before D5 will launch without hanging most of the time.)

Steve -

My system is at the shop being upgraded to VT4.6/LW8.5 as I write. I preview Mirage on a television monitor through the VT Switcher, is that still working?

Thanks,

TW

jport
01-07-2006, 11:26 PM
steve,

how did you get DF5 to recognize .rtv files? did you just use VTs 3rd party plug-in installer or did you manually install the .dlls?

if manually, what files and where do you put them?

it's been my suspicion that toaster's external monitor for 3rd party apps doesn't play nice, too many problems eventually pop-up.

i've had to buy an ADS Pyro box so i could view my composites on an external monitor.

SBowie
01-08-2006, 07:12 AM
I preview Mirage on a television monitor through the VT Switcher, is that still working?Ther'es still a bit of funkiness when using Mirage (or Aura) with the DSK the last tmie I tested it, but apart from that it works ok Tom.

SBowie
01-08-2006, 07:13 AM
how did you get DF5 to recognize .rtv files? did you just use VTs 3rd party plug-in installer or did you manually install the .dlls?I really didn't do anything. The first time I installed DF5, it read RTVs ok. When I later installed a new VT build, I ran the third-party installer, but it had no impact good or bad - presumably because of name changes...

animlab
01-08-2006, 09:10 PM
D5 seems to be loading and saving RTV's alright, based on a hasty test.

DF5 did not support VT4.5/4.6 well. It do read RTVs but when it save RTV, I got field reversed. I can do nothing about the field reversed since any setting can not change field at all. Try to save a video with something moving and watch the saved RTV at video monitor (not at VTVision since it see only one field).

Hope NewTek or Eyein will solve the problem.

Paul Lara
01-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the explanation. Let me see what I can do.

SBowie
01-09-2006, 06:52 AM
I can do nothing about the field reversed since any setting can not change field at all.I noticed the flipped fields, but it seemed to be ok after choosing Process Mode: NTSC Fields Reversed in the saver settings. Does that not work for you?

cholo
01-10-2006, 07:45 PM
After Effects also has a problem with fields on VT4 onward when the composition size is set at 720x480. 720x486 does not show this problem. I used to work all day on AE when I was on VT2 so I know this wasn't always like this. Too bad because most of my comps are 720x480 because I use DV originated footage.

Tim Johnson
01-12-2006, 10:55 AM
AE works OK here with RTV and NT25 files. Don't use them a whole lot, but not running into issues. With VT 4.6, you can't see the AE framebuffer on the NTSC output without loading up VT (I don't like this), but other than that all seems OK.

Not sure what's up with your system. RTV and NT25 should be OK if they've been set up through the "Install 3rd Party Applications" install. Holler if you have any questions--I may be able to walk you through more.

kirkmorger
01-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Instead of running VT, you could just run the enclosed batch file (takes about a second).

You can do this before loading your application, or even durring. (AE, LW, Mirage, etc.)

This issue will be resolved soon, but this will get you going now.

jport
01-12-2006, 07:05 PM
thanks kirk i'll give it a try.

i want to thank everyone for thier input it's helped me try to fix the bugs in my system.

tim, if i do light compositing in AE i don't run into this problem. light compositing for me is 2-3 comps in a project with nothing more than 10 layers in a comp.

AE w/RTV gives me problems when i'm doing a project that contains 10+ comps with something like 30 to 50+ layers in a comp. without fail i'll crash AE and won't be able to open the project unless i uninstall the "ToasterFB.aex" from the plug-ins folder.

there is also a glitch when i rerender an .rtv file that was loaded in AE with the SAME NAME. after i rerender a file in toaster close VT and open AE i get a message saying my project is corrupted or some such. what i do is change the file path of the .rtv; open my AE project, accept the message that says a file is missing, and reload the missing .rtv file from another location. what i do now is use a sequential file naming scheme when i re-render .rtv files from toaster.

my NT25 problem has been resolved with the 4.6a patch.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN DUPLICATE ANY OF THIS. i really want to know if it's just me.

win2k w/sp2
supermicro p4dg
2 gig ram
gforce4 mx440
direct x 9.0c

goodrichm
01-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Kirk,

Thanks for the Framebuf batch file! It enables the framebuffer, but outputs are B/W until I open up a clip in DDR or fire up VT4.6b and then close out. I tested this on Aura,Mirage1.5a,DFX+404e.

I guess somehow the VT4 prefs settings aren't kicking in with the batch file. I use Y/C video in as set in Prefs, but the batch file is probably using the hardcoded default component setting.

Thanks again for trying to resolve this issue...Mark

kirkmorger
01-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Enclosed please find a zip that contains two files, GoSVid.bat and GoComp.bat, that you can use instead of the original. They will enable frame buffer, and set to either S-Video or Composite/Component respectively.

nevmoor
01-16-2006, 01:33 PM
I guess I'll ask here again.
I would like to output RTV files from AE on a computer that does NOT have VT installed. Is this possible?? I would greatly appreciate if someone would give me a yea or nay. I have a computer that is networked to my VT system that has AE on it.
I would like to save RTVs and pick them up over the network.

goodrichm
01-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Kirk,

WooHoo, these latest batch files work great! Hope they get incorporated into VT4. Thank you so much...Mark

joseburgos
01-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Thank you so much for creating these batch files :)

Tested and work great.

Take care,
Jose Burgos

tmon
10-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Is there any update on this issue for 6016? Will it be taken care of in VT[5]?