PDA

View Full Version : Batch Render: Dropping Volumentrics

ooklah
12-24-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm not sure if this should have gone here or over in the screamer section.

I used screamer to render out a bunch of animation scenes for me overnight. It worked very well except when it tried to do from frame 0 to frame -30.
But that wasn't my issue. I only used screamer to batch render on my own computer.

I have one scene that has several different cameras in it and I broke it down into several parts - one part for each of the cameras. Each camera for different time frames in the same scene. There is smoke in the scene, In each of the different parts, if the hvemitter had stopped before it got that camera, it didn't show any of the smoke even if it still had life in the smoke for yet. Also each of the emitters that was running at the time, started from scatch in each seperate part as oposed to being one steady flow.

Is this just a thing of screamer? and do I have to render out each scene by itself instead of a batch?

toby
12-25-2005, 04:07 AM
Make sure that your emitters start at or before -30, and save pfx files for them, in the last tab of the emitter properties (save motion). Each node must be pulling particle data from the same file for them to all sync up.