PDA

View Full Version : LOST Serial #

shack1126
12-24-2005, 04:52 PM
I moved recently, and i can't for the life of me find my LW CD. I'm not so much worried about the CD as I am about the serial number on the CD sleeve. I'm getting ready to upgrade and I can't do so without the previous serial number. Is there any way at all to retrieve it? Thanks and Merry Christmas!

inquisitive
12-24-2005, 05:41 PM
sounds like you need to contact Newtek, hopefully you registered it with them.

mrunion
12-27-2005, 07:02 AM
I think you can sign in to the online registration area of NewTek's website and see your serial number there.

Qexit
12-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Have you still got the box that the CD, manual, etc. was shipped in ? There should be a label on there with the S/N printed on it. This was certainly the case for LW 5.X, 6.X, 7.X and 8.X, though I only got the electronic LW8 upgrade so the S/N was only on the CD and the plastic case holding the CDs. No big blue box for an extra label :)

Qexit
12-27-2005, 12:55 PM
P.S. If you habitually keep all of your LW registration emails, as I do, then that should also contain your S/N in the body of the email. I'm in the UK, so do my registrations through Newtek Europe. The registration email they send out always has the format:

Dear User,

Thank you for registering your LightWave software at NewTek Europe.

You are now the registered user of LightWave [8] serial # XXXXXXXXX.

*** Please print out this message and keep it with your LightWave manual for future reference. ***

Here is the Windows Permanent License Key for your LightWave software (Lock ID 2XXXX):

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Registration emails from Newtek US may not include this info, so please accept my apologies if the required S/N is not present in the email you received.

Qexit
12-27-2005, 01:00 PM
P.P.S. Isn't the S/N still stuck to your dongle too ? My USB dongle has a white label with the S/N printed on it stuck to it, prior to that my original parallel port dongle had a S/N label attached. Newtek like to supply you with lots of copies of the S/N to help ensure it's hard to lose :)

shack1126
12-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks everybody for the help. I acually located the email yesterday...so I'm good to go. I just ordered the upgrade today.

Qexit: You are correct. NewTek does supply us with a lot of copies...but I'm the kind of guy that would lose my head if it weren't attatched. ;) Cheers.