PDA

View Full Version : 'see thru' display mode in modeler

cresshead
12-24-2005, 04:25 AM
'see thru' display mode in modeler in addition to wireshade etc... all polys would look like you have added a transparent surface...

Nemoid
12-25-2005, 02:24 AM
i think u could set the transparency of surface in texture editor, then activate wireframe shade to see the wires and the transparent material. it works nicely !! :) a cool thing could be being able to setup a thing like this(and there could be many others) and give it a shortcut key

cresshead
12-25-2005, 02:54 AM
yes you can do it by making a transparent surface...so why not offer this as a dropdown?

actually this would be good as a new version of 'background layer viewtype' rather than just black splines/polys so you could see the surface but not touch/move it when placing adjusting eyeballs or eyelids for example....
yes you can have two layers visible and have the one you want to 'touch' selected by selecting all the polys but this can look messy...more like the FREEZE option in 3dsmax......very useful stuff.

ercaxus
12-25-2005, 11:27 PM
It would be super cool if it was as easy as drawing a rectangle selection.
I remember seeing something like this in some video about some software but don't exactly remember which one, xsi maybe.
I would like it to work like this:
1 - you select an object and pull a rectangle selection over it in any viewport
2- a plane(probably a null with a plugin on it in lw mechanics) is created that hides the selected mesh behind it.
3- You go to its options (yes it should have some) and select

a - what type of visibility the mesh gets: hidden, wire etc.,
b - does the skelegons disappear?
c- couldn't think of another one for this one :)
4- And play with the object list that is for working with multiple objects and extra options for working with hierarchies.

I'm greedy :D