PDA

View Full Version : FPrime Render Level ?

monfoodoo
12-23-2005, 01:23 AM
What is the average number for the Stop Render at Level?Couldn't find ant reference to it at Worely. scott

Qexit
12-24-2005, 04:32 PM
To put it simply....there isn't one. It is entirely dependent on the scene being rendered, so what is good for one may be completely wrong for another. The only reference you will find to this on the Worley site is in the FAQs:

How do I know when FPrime is finished rendering my image?

This is a question that is important in classical, old-fashioned rendering, which requires you to pick a numerical render quality before you begin rendering. In FPrime, you don't need to make a stopping quality decision ahead of time! Your FPrime render is finished whenever you want it to be, just by pressing the Stop or Save button. If do you know you want to render to a specific numeric quality, you can use the FPrime Render Stop At Level control, but you will use this less often than you expect. It takes some time to get used to this reversed rendering workflow, but it has no downsides and enormous workflow advantages once you understand it.
One approach that can be used is to render a single frame until it 'looks right' and then use the value that produces as the setting for 'Stop Render at Level'. Just remember that the Render Level value in FPrime preview is NOT the same as the Render Level value in FPrime Render.

monfoodoo
12-26-2005, 04:04 PM
thanks,i think i've got it.scott