PDA

View Full Version : Problem with tally lights

ArturSignell
05-12-2003, 04:55 AM
With DSK ON (for instance when using graphics from a CG Player), tally lights on SX-8 light up both for the channel selected on the program bus and preview bus even though the one selected on the preview bus in now way affects the outgoing video.

This prevents anyone handling a camera with a tally in a live situation to actually know when his camera is being used and when not.

When DSK is set to OFF only the led besides the selected channel on the program bus is on.

I haven't had time to check the tally output on the SX-8 yet but I remember reading somewhere that it is just a copy of the leds on the panel.

So the question is, how do I get rid of this behaviour and get a tally system only showing what's really in use (program out)?

BamaToast
05-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Having been a "live TV" tech dir for the last 14 years I can add a couple thoughts to this. On a real switcher the DSK is "keyed" on whatever is on program so it's tally light never will go off. This is mostly because when keying graphics more often than not they do not cover the whole screen up (lower 3rds). Don't know what the deal is with preview lighting up also. If the VT switcher was built to be just like a real one, it is in this respect.