PDA

View Full Version : Shooting and editing a Computer Tech

LittleSpig04
12-22-2005, 02:27 PM
I have a possible project coming up and I'm looking for some help in figuring out how to record someone using their laptop and all the information they are clicking. If that doesn't make sense read the e-mail that was sent to me below. I did find out that it is possible to do this through VT(4) but I'm looking for an expert who can give me step by step instructions. Thank You!

EMAIL: There's a component of it that you have to show what's going on in the computer screen, i.e., point your mouse here, click this and that on the menu bar. I know a regular camera can't show these details so do you know how to treat this?

Ivan
12-22-2005, 02:34 PM
There a a couple ways to do this. iVGA will capture the whole screen and do a good job. Camtasia will also do a nice job and you can pan and scan the video you get from that. The other option is to actually shoot the screen with your camera. You can do this with higher end cameras, set the screen refresh to 60 Hertz and you can set the shutter speed on the camera to sync perfectly.

Ivan

Silkrooster
12-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Camtasia is the way to go. The latest version offers picture in picture, so the viewer can see the video of the laptop and also see the screen at the same time.
Silk