PDA

View Full Version : Rendering info

barrel90
12-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Hello,
I need to create a high quality CDROM from an 8 minute VT project that will play on all computers without dragging. I tried rendering the video to the windows media format & the quality on the CDRom was real poor. Can someone recomend what format I should render it to so it will fit on the CD and still look good? Thanks!!!!! :help:

Silkrooster
12-21-2005, 09:38 PM
The settings are not right for wma if you are getting poor results. Make sure you update to ver 9. You may want to goto Microsoft's website and download the media encoder at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx
The quality is reflected in file size. So it is possible for the video to be larger than the cd will hold. So if you are selecting a size to fit on a cd, this is more than likely the reason why the quality is poor. If possible I would get a dvd burner then your options will increase. For example you could then produce a video with very little compression, maybe use avi or mov and save a step or convert to mpg2 and view on a tv.
Silk

barrel90
12-22-2005, 04:08 AM
I will be also putting this video on a DVD, however the company I am producing it for wants a CDRom available. I hate seeing my work all compressed & crappy looking. I have seen CDRoms with pretty long videos that don't look too bad. This is the result I am after.