PDA

View Full Version : Render multiple scenes

objuan
12-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Can someone point me to a utility that lets you set up a list of multiple scenes to render, and then does them all one after another on just one machine.

I know there's a good one, because I've asked this question before, but had to redo my machine since, and seem to have lost it, along with my memory data banks of what it was called.

Wonderpup
12-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Have you tried a search on Flay.com- it's worth a go.

BeeVee
12-21-2005, 03:09 PM
LWSNC from DStorm: http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/other.htm

B

objuan
12-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Thank you BeeVee!

i guess im not all that amazed that i forgot a really memorable name like LWSNC

objuan
12-21-2005, 10:10 PM
But wait, appearantly I do not have a LWSN.exe which this utility needs.

I am running LW 7.5c that came with VT3. I don't remeber any issues like this last time I used this.

Any suggestions, or other utilities to render multiple scenes?

paulhart
12-21-2005, 10:29 PM
I have had fairly good success with Amleto, which is made for network rendering on multiple machines but can work fine on one machine even with multiple threads. You set up the Server on your system configured correctly, then launch a Client on the same system. Stack up your scene files on the lower portion of the Server window, even specifying the frames or segments of a single image, then say go. It will do them in the order that they are listed, you can re-arrange the order of the remaining scenes. It comes in a demo available version with 2-3 nodes functional, which is all that you need for this kind of project. Occasional glitches, but overall pretty solid. I ran a couple of animation scene today, and it dropped some frames, recovered most of them. It just had to go back and render a few frames that were missed on a long animation. I am still not sure if it is a system issue for me or Amleto, but it sure worked most of the way remarkable well.

objuan
12-22-2005, 02:29 AM
Figured out a cheat, that seems to work, allthough it seems a bit sketchy...

Just open up several LW's and have them render your various scenes simultainiously.

Screw that whole linear thought process BS, this is the 2000s baby!!!

paulhart
12-22-2005, 10:08 AM
I appreciate the non-linear thinking, however it comes with a penalty... memory. Each instance of Lightwave chews up available memory and impacts system performance. By using Amleto (free) you cut down the memory footprint. If you set it to one thread, you can still work while it is rendering in the background. If you set it to 4 threads, the Windows Task window will let you know that 100% of your CPU is working on the task. Available memory is the key to speed...