PDA

View Full Version : LW 9 will be downloadable from Newtek Europe!!

lardbros
12-20-2005, 03:25 PM
This has probably been spoken about already... but i haven't seen it anywhere, so thought i'd post it.

"LightWave 9 upgrade: Fastrack download for European pre-purchasers

For the forthcoming LightWave [9] upgrade, NewTek Europe has installed a dedicated download server offering 20x the speed of early LightWave 3D 8 update downloads!
Make sure you've registered your LightWave 9-eligible package here so that you can download LightWave 9 when available!
Stay tuned for more information..." Quote from Newtek Europe!!

Us europeans are lucky as heck!!

inquisitive
12-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Does Newtek Europe have the ability to register LW9? I do not see that ability in the US site. I am in the US.

lardbros
12-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Well, i was told to otherwise i wouldn't receive my upgrade?! So yes i guess it works. I got my confirmation email and everything.

trygve
12-20-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm sure it will be downloadable for everyone else as well, havnt't NewTek just moved their servers? They have probably added some servers as well :beerchug:

Anyway, really nice move from NewTek.

Edit: maybe they are going to add a downloadable demo-version as well. Then they will need the extra server-power.

lardbros
12-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah, i agree about both your points. I think Newtek will be letting everyone download it. What a bloody good move too, the post takes FAR too long to arrive! :D

Great stuff... i mean REALLY great stuff.

Red_Oddity
12-21-2005, 02:54 AM
Kay, uh, hehe, this is gonna sound a bit stupid from a long time LW user, but...
I ordered (and received) the LW8.5 + Vue + 9 upgrade, my problem was the registration form...I could not find a option to register LW9 (only the LW9 upgrade), so i registered my LW8 (so i could use this license aswell)...What does that mean for my LW9 upgrade, do i get it? or should i register my LW9 aswell (seeing i can't find a LW9 serial, i asume my LW9 serial will just be my LW8 serial (dongle serial))

Ahwell...i'm not a (very) impatient man, but if i have to wait one day for LW9 knowing it's there i might go ballistic :p

lardbros
12-21-2005, 03:01 AM
Right... here's what i did. To be honest though, it wasn't very clear at all, but atleast this is my process. (and it may not even be right, but i did receive a confirmation of my registration from Newtek a few days later.)

I reckon that the Vue CD case has your LW9 serial on it along with the PRE-serial number for VUE too. (Despite th letter i got with the package said LW8 serial number.)

Anyway, i used the SERIAL#: on the front of the CD case to register LW9. THEN used my current dongle lock ID at the bottom of the form. All Newtek will do when LW9 ships is send you a software lock code that links the LW9 serial to your specific dongle ID.

(As a side note, i tried using my LW8 serial to register Vue on the website, but it wouldn't accept it. So i used the one on the CD case and it worked.)

Oh, and i WOULD register your LW9 serial too, by the way... otherwise you may not be able to download it when it arrives (or receive it in the post).

BeeVee
12-21-2005, 03:18 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry it's been a bit confusing but Tim has it right. If you order an upgrade *to* 8 that includes a free upgrade to 9 when it comes out and you register your LightWave 8 upgrade on our site, you've also registered for LightWave 9. If you've pre-ordered LW9 with a Vue, then on the Vue CD there are two stickers, one with a LightWave serial number, one with a Vue number. Register the LightWave one with us and you're set (you can use the Pre-9.0 field or the 8.0 field, we'll sort it out for you). On E-on's website you'll need to use the long Vue serial starting with PRE- and also the LightWave serial number on the CD case.

I know that filling forms can be a fraught process, but if you have *any* questions, you can always send me an email, or call us up... ;)

B

Red_Oddity
12-21-2005, 03:35 AM
Ah, cool, so that means my LW9 is already registered (i have registered LW 8 using the serials found on the Vue5 CD case).

Thanks Ben.

lardbros
12-21-2005, 03:50 AM
Oh, and i WOULD register your LW9 serial too, by the way... otherwise you may not be able to download it when it arrives (or receive it in the post).

Oh well, i didn't get that bit right.

No-ones perfect eh? :D

Once you look at the process afterwards, it all makes perfect sense.

BeeVee
12-21-2005, 03:53 AM
Well, not exactly, things are never *that* easy are they? ;) What you have registered is a LightWave 8 serial number that entitles you to LightWave 9 plain and simple. Once you actually get 9 THEN you'll have a 9 serial number that you'll need to register... Come on, we did this all a couple of years ago with 8, don't you remember? ;)

B

lardbros
12-21-2005, 03:59 AM
HAHA, no you're right...

Right, so this new LW8 serial (the one on the Vue case) i registered that entitles me to the LW9 upgrade will be the one i use to download the LW9 upgrade from your site before i get the shipped one? Or am i wrong? THEN, when i receive the LW9 package it will have the ACTUAL LW9 serial on it which will need registering by itself?

*HELP*

BeeVee
12-21-2005, 04:06 AM
Well first of all, you will need to visit the first window to get a claim form E82h5, then you move to the queue for the third window where you will be asked for a filled out claim form E81h5, whereupon you'll discover that's only available from window... (contd. p94)

:D

B

Tiger
12-21-2005, 05:00 AM
lardbros...download 9...find the ser.nr.(comes with 9)...jump over to Newtek Eu
and register it...and soon will they send you your actual LW9 serialnr :)

I`m I right here?

ColinSmith
12-21-2005, 05:40 AM
Does anybody know how this affects paying vat in the UK?

I've read that downloaded software is vat free under Uk customs laws, and the little bit I've found on the Inland revenue site definately seems to say you only pay vat on the medium (disk) and not the program (which is considered a service).

I know very little about this stuff, so they may catch you some other way, but here's some links to check out.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageContactUs_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000199&propertyType=document

"7.5 Importations of ‘normalised’ items are regarded as importations of both:
· goods (made up of the carrier medium); and
· services (the data and/or the instructions).

In line with international agreements supplies of digitised products are "not goods" in respect of customs duties and VAT."

Bog
12-21-2005, 05:41 AM
Yay! Aren't they nice to us?

Time to go get out my thumbscre.... *koff* Accounts Receivable Department and get some money out of my clients....

lardbros
12-21-2005, 05:51 AM
I think it's true, downloaded stuff might be VAT free, but i think the LW9 download is only available to people who have ordered anyway. In which case it will be shipping soon afterwards. In other words, there won't be a download ONLY version too. (Correct me if i'm wrong Ben or Chuck).

So it's really for all of us who are way too eager to play with it and need to download it. (E.g. me)

Red_Oddity
12-21-2005, 07:12 AM
Well, not exactly, things are never *that* easy are they? ;) What you have registered is a LightWave 8 serial number that entitles you to LightWave 9 plain and simple. Once you actually get 9 THEN you'll have a 9 serial number that you'll need to register... Come on, we did this all a couple of years ago with 8, don't you remember? ;)

B

erm... nope, i got my upgrade CD and just registered that one, just by email i believe...not sure anymore...or was that LW 7? :stumped:
Or did i?...what the heck, i can't be going senile already can i? i'm not even 30 yet...

BeeVee
12-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Don't you remember? I only told you yesterday...

B

Bog
12-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Ben, is evil.p freeware? ;)

BeeVee
12-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Well mine wasn't! I bought it at great expense, along with sarcasm.p and ridicule.p, just before the author made the lot freeware! Why I oughta... ;)

B

Bog
12-22-2005, 02:58 AM
Bet you complained when you'd had 'em on pre-order for more than 20 minutes, too ;)

DiscoBurgess
12-29-2005, 03:36 AM
I think it's true, downloaded stuff might be VAT free, but i think the LW9 download is only available to people who have ordered anyway. In which case it will be shipping soon afterwards. In other words, there won't be a download ONLY version too. (Correct me if i'm wrong Ben or Chuck).
MMOs are not VAT free, I think they are considered a "service" too.

-Glenn

lardbros
12-29-2005, 04:08 AM
MMOs are not VAT free, I think they are considered a "service" too.

-Glenn

Well, i did say think and might! Cheers for correcting if that is right!

DiscoBurgess
12-29-2005, 12:32 PM
To my knowledge. I remeber getting notices about prices rises a year or two ago because they had decided to slap VAT on MMOs.

Exception
01-05-2006, 05:26 AM
Is it just me or is everyone wondering where that 9 beta is?
Am I missing something here, where's that download... I mean the Lw non-beta 9 deadline has passed already, right? I assume that at least the beta 9 will be available within a couple of days?

lardbros
01-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Yeah, it's not just you... i was just sitting patiently, wondering if it was just me wondering where LW9 beta was. Actually i was just waiting for some more LW 9 videos... i thought they were going to be weekly installments after the first 6 were put up.

I'm quite happy passing some time with some more vids... but it has been a long few weeks since the last ones.

Chris S. (Fez)
01-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I take some pride in my spectacular patience. Sooooo...where's the ****ing Beta? :D

Chris S. (Fez)
01-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Okay, seriously, how about an :lwicon: 9 update Newtek? Is this Open Beta going to be a matter of days, weeks or months?

habañero
01-12-2006, 05:49 AM
I want LW10 NOW!

Newtek Europe Rocks though, very excellent and higly appreciated. Thanks!