PDA

View Full Version : Help Me...Please?

ShawnStovall
12-18-2005, 06:51 PM
:help: I can't seem to get the dynamic plug-ins to show up in Layout! Does any one know whats wrong? I'm wanting to do a cloth bounce test but I can't(mind my spelling). :compbeati

Silkrooster
12-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Try rescanning your plugins.
Silk

newsvixen8
12-19-2005, 04:54 AM
This has happened to MANY of us... run a search of "dynamic object" and you'll find what you need. Good thread is this one:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=43811&highlight=dynamic+object

ShawnStovall
12-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Sorry, but I don't know how to rescan the plug-ins. Can you help me? :stumped:

SplineGod
12-21-2005, 01:05 AM
You need to drag and drop those tools under the menu item in the menu editor.

BeeVee
12-21-2005, 02:10 AM
Here is the complete procedure you need to follow if there are things hinky in your menus, or there are tools missing etc.

WARNING! This will kill any customisations you have made, so it's a good idea to use the editors to save menus and shortcuts.

1. Load the Layout portion of LightWave;
2. Hit Alt F11 (or go into the Utilities Tab and click on the Edit Plug-Ins button) and then the Scan Directory button and point it to your LightWave plugins folder. It will scan the plug-ins and give you a message like "xxx Plug-Ins found in xxx files.";
3. Hit Alt F10 (or go to the Edit menu and choose Edit Menu Layout) and change the Presets menu to LightWave 7.5. Return to it and change it back to Default;
4. Hit Alt F9 (or go to the Edit menu and choose Edit Keyboard Shortcuts) and change the Presets menu to LightWave 7.5. Return to it and change it back to Default;
5. Now quit LightWave and start Modeler from your new icon;
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 but be aware that the Preset Menu will only offer LightWave 7.0;
7. Quit Modeler and quit Hub too.

ShawnStovall
12-21-2005, 01:50 PM
That was a lot of help, I got every thing working as it should! :thumbsup: