PDA

View Full Version : New selection tools

Pavlov
12-18-2005, 05:12 AM
Aiming for more precise and accurate modeling toolset, selection is a crucial point.
LW lacks a poligonal lazo selection tool (kinda Pen tool but for selection), i'm asking for it for many years... should not bo so difficult to implement.
Freehand lazo is awesome, but not enough when you're at precise modeling and you need to pass through dense point clouds.
Again: it would be nice if NT integrates some tools like Face it (directional selector, crucial for some tasks) and Custom Select, a powerful selection toolset (commercial but cheap) which by now is very slow.
Integrating it would make it a lot faster, and would be a good add for LW toolset.

Paolo Zambrini

jeanphi
12-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Newtek should add the ability to select/unselect with all selection tools type too.
For example, select loop and unselect loop. It will help to speed up modeling.
We shoul be able to use the same tool but with a diferent mouse button or based on the last action. If I unselect 2 polys on a selected poly loop and use "select loop", it will unselect this poly loop.

RedBull
12-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Aiming for more precise and accurate modeling toolset, selection is a crucial point.
LW lacks a poligonal lazo selection tool (kinda Pen tool but for selection), i'm asking for it for many years... should not bo so difficult to implement.
Freehand lazo is awesome, but not enough when you're at precise modeling and you need to pass through dense point clouds.
Again: it would be nice if NT integrates some tools like Face it (directional selector, crucial for some tasks) and Custom Select, a powerful selection toolset (commercial but cheap) which by now is very slow.
Integrating it would make it a lot faster, and would be a good add for LW toolset.

Paolo Zambrini

Umm forgive me if i misunderstand but what is wrong with rightclicking and lassoing to select a polys.......???? There is also a volume selection which is similar to what you ask. I agree about some other selection tools though.
a polygon

tischbein3
12-21-2005, 02:49 PM
I think he means a selection based by a somewhat "polygonal shape":
Sou you don't have to play rolercoster between the points on large meshes.

Also to add: a volume selection tool wich works like the one in layout:
(CLick-> drag - open rectangle -> release mouse button -> points or polygon gets selected. )

Would be all be nice "afternoon programming" - plugins, if the sdk would allow modifing selections.