PDA

View Full Version : Help animation (im really newb)

snowkid
12-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Hello, I am REALLY new to LW . I still know a little i have done a majority of tutorials. I have 1 IMPORTANT question that no tutorial has yet answered (or that i have read). I just want to know how/IF you can make a LONG animation/moovie or even small clip. i can animate stuff but i cannot make the scene LONGER. I would really apreciate it if some one could explane this to me in detail or even a tutorial.

Thank you for your time in reading my post :P

:) SnowKid

Silkrooster
12-16-2005, 07:28 PM
At the bottom of the layout window is a time line. The default is 0 to 60 frames. At the right of the time line is a place to enter a new ending time frame. So if you want 4 seconds for the animation, you enter 30 frames x 4 seconds which is 30*4 then press enter. If you want 5 minutes it is 30*60*5.
This is much easier than trying to remember how many frames are in 5 minutes.
Sooner or later you will find out that the largest frame number than can be entered is 32000 frames. Fear not, that is only the maximum numer of frames that can be displayed on the time line at once. If you animation is much greater say 2 hours, hold down the alt key and drag the time line, you will see the number on both ends change. Also note that you can use negitive frames as well.
Hope this helps - Good luck,
Silk