PDA

View Full Version : Interface Fun

bertrandb
12-16-2005, 12:34 AM
Here's some interface ideas I wuz fiddlin' wit.

Cheers

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/bertrandb/LW_Interface.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/bertrandb/LW_Interface2.gif

Castius
12-16-2005, 04:00 AM
I like the boarderless window. Looks nice and clean.

But i like the tabs the way they are at the top. That doesn't mean thay shouldn't add shortcuts to them. I've been asking for them to add that for some time now. i also want them to make the option to make any tab menu at the top a mouse menu. So if you hold down c+LMB it will make a mouse menu from the create tab. Or somthing along those line.

evenflcw
12-16-2005, 06:30 AM
I like the idea of a standard menu bar or "mouse menu from tab" (although I think ctrl+LMB is abit much). I also like the idea of having the tabs placed next by the buttons, it's more efficient that way. An automatic scrollbar (and grab-n-scroll via Alt+LMB) for the numeric panel would also be welcome. I'd also like the ability to get rid of the top menu bar altogether, including layer section. I have the layer browser open all the time and I don't need two sections that do the same thing.

Although I like all suggestions, I can obviously only work one way. The idea of allowing better and more customization is to cater to different peoples needs and workflows. In comparison being able to change interface colors is just cosmetics, we need options that really make a difference to workflow and functionality. All we have now is the ability to assign hotkeys and construct menues. Which is quite good, but not enough.

blugenwitz
01-05-2006, 06:36 AM
I like the way LW looks. I Agree that standart menu bar is highly needed. And I like chromeless idea - its saves place and look even more puristic.
modo/zbrush looks cool but... i really like the simplicity of LW UI. Only thing i really would like to see - as an option - ver. 7 look (and possibility to change colors as I wish, without limitations). I started from this version and in my opinion back to the 6 look (in 8) its real step back. But I know many old Lightwavers like this buttons and colors, so I want to give a choice. I think that will be easy to do :).

Aaron