PDA

View Full Version : Roaming Keyframes for the Graph Editor

jeromeOlivier
05-11-2003, 09:35 AM
Hello Everyone,

I would like to propose a feature for the Layout Graph editor.

There is a feature in Adobe After Effects where the user can let keyframes roam in the timeline. With this feature switched on, an object following any motion path will always move at a constant speed. To increase the speed value, simply click and drag the last keyframe left, going towards the first keyframe. To decrease the speed value, simply click and drag the last keyframe to the right, away from the first keyframe.

Creating motion paths in Modeler is a great way to "draw motion." Now, it would be great to see Layout complement that by adding roaming keyframes in the graph editor.

As an afterthought, it might also be interesting to see this feature enhanced with a bezier curve to modify velocity (again, much like After Effects).

Thanks!

Mylenium
05-11-2003, 01:05 PM
How about manipulating the speed/ velocity graphs directly. I always thought it's funny to be able to see them but having to tweak the other curves for hours just to get some decent constant speed (even though I know that the current implementation is correct from a mathematical point of view).

Mylenium