PDA

View Full Version : How to get a paper manual, how much?

kylekoch
12-15-2005, 06:23 AM
Hi all, when 9 comes out how will I go about getting a paper manual, and how much will it cost? I purchased lightwave with pdf manual with free upgrade to 9.
Thx much!
kyle

Red_Oddity
12-15-2005, 06:33 AM
I believe it's around a 100 bucks/euros if i'm not mistaken, the manual for 8 is about 96 euros.

You can just order the manual from Newtek(-Europe) or through one f the official resellers

w_will
12-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Don't want to sound like a total tree hugger, but dude save a tree and some cash and just use the PDF. I bought the last one, and to honest it was a waste. The monster binder gives the impression that the document will be updated as patches are added. To the best of my knowledge that didn't happen. If your looking for a nice solid bound book, unless they change things, that isn't gona happen. The binder is huge and way to big to carry on a plane or into a coffee shop for some light reading. Maybe I'm cheap, but for about half the price you can buy a small inkjet printer and 3 reams of papaer and print the manual for yourself and still have money left order takeout and rent 3 movies from blockbuster, so you have something to do while that monster prints.

Red_Oddity
12-16-2005, 03:59 AM
True, i think the paper manual for 8 is a big clumsy clunky unmanegable thing...
The last good manual i got from NT was the LW 6 manual, it was cut up into multiple books (Modeling, Texturing, Rendering, Animation, etc), way easier to read.
Oh, and the LW 8 manual is so friggin big, you WILL get it banged up and crumpled like an old newspaper in the mail (i got mine like that inside the LW8 box, but since i never read it, i didn't feel like complaining to NT for it.)