PDA

View Full Version : Add Dynamic Object ghosted

Katherine
12-14-2005, 07:58 PM
I was following along with the Cloth FX demo video and he adds a Collision Object by using the Add/ Dynamic Object button visible with the Items Tab.
My Dynamic Object button is ghosted. Why would that be?

Thanks

Kathy

munky
12-15-2005, 04:08 AM
Hi there,

It could be that the Add collision/emitter etc plugins are not installed.

If you add them Utilities/add plugins/lscripts/interface/layout/add_collision.ls etc then it might make the little monkeys show up and behave themselves.

hope this helps

regards

paul

BeeVee
12-15-2005, 06:14 AM
You need to repair your configs. Here's how:

WARNING! This will kill any customisations you have made, so it's a good idea to use the editors to save menus and shortcuts.
1. Load the Layout portion of LightWave;
2. Hit Alt F11 (or go into the Utilities Tab and click on the Edit Plug-Ins button) and then the Scan Directory button and point it to your LightWave plugins folder. It will scan the plug-ins and give you a message like "xxx Plug-Ins found in xxx files.";
3. Hit Alt F10 (or go to the Edit menu and choose Edit Menu Layout) and change the Presets menu to LightWave 7.5. Return to it and change it back to Default;
4. Hit Alt F9 (or go to the Edit menu and choose Edit Keyboard Shortcuts) and change the Presets menu to LightWave 7.5. Return to it and change it back to Default;
5. Now quit LightWave and start Modeler from your new icon;
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 but be aware that the Preset Menu will only offer LightWave 7.0;
7. Quit Modeler and quit Hub too.

B

Katherine
12-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Thank you all for your help.

Step 3 in the previous post did it. That was going to Edit Menu Layout, selecting preset 7.5 and then preset default.

BeeVee
12-16-2005, 03:15 AM
And so it should, but I hope you carried on? The other steps ensure that your keyboard shortcuts are correct too, and that the Modeler configs are also repaired.

B

Knight Chat X
05-26-2007, 09:43 AM
You need to repair your configs. Here's how:

WARNING! This will kill any customisations you have made, so it's a good idea to use the editors to save menus and shortcuts.
1. Load the Layout portion of LightWave;
2. Hit Alt F11 (or go into the Utilities Tab and click on the Edit Plug-Ins button) and then the Scan Directory button and point it to your LightWave plugins folder. It will scan the plug-ins and give you a message like "xxx Plug-Ins found in xxx files.";
3. Hit Alt F10 (or go to the Edit menu and choose Edit Menu Layout) and change the Presets menu to LightWave 7.5. Return to it and change it back to Default;
4. Hit Alt F9 (or go to the Edit menu and choose Edit Keyboard Shortcuts) and change the Presets menu to LightWave 7.5. Return to it and change it back to Default;
5. Now quit LightWave and start Modeler from your new icon;
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 but be aware that the Preset Menu will only offer LightWave 7.0;
7. Quit Modeler and quit Hub too.

B

I just had same problem with Lightwave 9 and this fixed it for me too thanks! Except I set the preset to 8.5 first as Lightwave 9 has that version listed for preset also, and I was careful not to close preset window after changing the preset to 8.5 otherwise I had to press Alt + F10 to access the menu settings again for some reason.