View Full Version : Status on Modeller rotate crash?

05-11-2003, 06:57 AM
I'm still getting it with the new update, this is very unproductive and tiresome.
What is the status on this bug? Who is trying to fix it? Who has acknowledged it?

Im going to downgrade my OS , but what version did this bug appear?

I've had enough and have lost alot of patience.:mad:

05-11-2003, 10:36 AM
The answers to your questions are as follows:

What is the status on this bug?: Present :mad:

Who is trying to fix it?: Nobody :mad:

Who has acknowledged it?: Nobody :mad:

I have sent Newtek tech support an email describing the problem, but haven't heard anything from anyone.

The bug appeared in the 10.2.5 update and continues in 10.2.6. I have downgraded to 10.2.4 and everything is fine.

I feel your pain
:( :(

05-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Could it be any more obvious than this what the problem is????!!!

" Apr 17 18:18:08 teri-thoms-Computer mach_kernel: ATIRadeon::submit_buffer: Overflowed block waiting for FIFO space. Have 3, need 6. RBBM_STATUS 0x8011c100"

That is the repeating message in my system logs when modeler freezes.
I have sent that to both apple and atitech.

No response addressing it, whatsoever.

*sigh.. but i continue on with 10.2.6 because i can live with it and i don't go backwards..

05-11-2003, 12:34 PM
so it is an ati thing???gee imagine that?
has happened before with LW, always with ati...radeon bug(LW6?) dual mon.bug(LW6/6.5?) and the turn off ATI OGL exten(os9) there may be more i have forgotten?
if your interested enough i think if you do a little scrolling at
http://www.exch.demon.co.uk/you can find refs. to these(also on the old forum if its still there?)all affected modeler only and layout worked fine .
and ati always seems to fix it in the past too.with driver updates.
wouldn't hurt to forward that terminal message to them(ATI}
if ya havent already.
i have GF3/with an ATIragepro 16 on the 2nd mon. in one.. and GF4/ with
anATI nexus 128(yepitsancient)on the 2nd mon/ in the other(main) and have been poundin away at modeler allweekX.2.6/ multilayered/perspective window/running like a champ.
the question of the day , is there anybody out there with an ATI main card
that is not having these problems?

05-11-2003, 12:38 PM
Like i said.. I sent to them. But like many ignorant bug report answers.. they sent me a canned response telling me to check my configuration settings.. they obviously did not read the report. :p
I have no more time to spend on reporting.. *goes back to modlelling and texturing patiently and carefully...:p

05-11-2003, 07:44 PM
JackdeL how does one downgrade his osx to 10.2.4 without loosing everything?

Turbo post the email addy so we can all have a word with ATI!

Chuck can you help us?

05-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Just go to atitech.com , look under 'Built by ATI', click on 'Customer Care Info' and follow the links for awhile..
Its a little tedious but you do end up with a couple of ways to tell them stuff.
- a description of your problem
- a report on your system

Its cool that you can choose your country.. If they get complaints/reports from all countries maybe someone will make a new driver.. :p

05-11-2003, 08:11 PM
heres a direct link, fire away -

ATI bug log (http://apps.ati.com/cservice/webformcontact.asp)

I have recorded this bug as well as Formac ADC LCD's screens going blank for no reason.

05-11-2003, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the link Ade. I've complained as well.
I'll tell you what happens, when or if I get a response.
I'll keep using it as well..


05-12-2003, 03:18 AM
Ive downgraded to 10.2.3, lets see how long this lasts..

05-12-2003, 08:34 PM
I checked my e-mail this morning. I had fifteen new e-mails. Great.

Thirteen of those were from the Newtek Discussion forums. The other two were from ATI Customer support.
Maybe I finally had someone to explain what's going to be done about all this.
No such luck. The first e-mail was one of those: 'Please do not reply to this e-mail, it is automatically generated' things. The other was some stupid installation checker. They probably haven't even read the message I wrote. It basically told me how many different ways there were that I could have stuffed up installing the card, which, might I may add, was pre-installed.

So no help there. Oh well. Looks like it's back to 10.2.3..:(

Keep smilin tho'. At least I've got Lightwave to cheer me up.. Oh wait..

05-12-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Ade
JackdeL how does one downgrade his osx to 10.2.4 without loosing everything?


Start up off your OS X installer disk. There are options for the type of install you want to perform, An Update or a Clean install. Click on the Clean install and select the option to keep your network settings. This will remove 10.2.5 to a folder named "previous system" and install a clean copy of OS X. Be aware that you may have to reinstall the 10.2.3/4 updates if your CD contains any earlier version of X. I would recommend downloading the 10.2.4 combo from Apple before you do this.

Also, make sure you back up your LW prefs that are in your user/library/preferences folder. and you may have to redo your LW license key file.:p

One last thing, after you are updated do a search for "Previous System" and delete it from your hard drive, mine took up a whole GIG!! :rolleyes: You may have to change the permissions since it will probably be owned by root.

This worked for me so good luck!:D

05-13-2003, 01:20 AM

One tip -
Lightwave will be the only app in need of a reinstall..
What u do is do a find for Eve2.framework, copy it, paste to desk, login as root and place it into system/library/frameworks.

05-15-2003, 09:30 AM
Chuck will you put pressure on whoevers responsible to fix this bug!:cool: