PDA

View Full Version : Movie objects in Layout

iggy21
12-14-2005, 07:18 AM
In Layout, i want to position an object on the ground plane (not at zero). Using the handles makes the object move in large increments, too large to finely place the object.

I was hoping for some other method, like being able to select the values/ coordinates and being able to slide your mouse to finely adjust the increments.

If anyone couldd help me out, id greatly appreciate it.

gjjackson
12-14-2005, 07:44 AM
It sounds that you may want to change your grid size settings.

slomo
12-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah...you can fine tune where yer item sits by a couple of diff methods...one is that when the item is selected in the lower left corner of Layout is the numeric position/coordinates box...And the other, Ive found helpful at times, is to change my view to the different axis using either your numeric keyboard or you can use the pull tab top right subscreen area. I also agree with gj about changing your grid size may also help...

iggy21
12-15-2005, 08:17 AM
im hoping to look for a quick tip that i maybe overlooked that will allow me to make minute increments without having to do too much work (in other words, id rather not deal with the graph size).

Dodgy
12-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Change the grid size. You can do this by pressing the '[' and ']' keys. By decreasing it in size, you can move your objects in smaller increments.