PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Mr. Van Dyke

Darksuit
12-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Today is Mr. Dick Van Dyke's Birthday... Hope you had a great day.

For those who are new to Lightwave, Mr. VanDyke is a lightwave user. =)

cgbloke2004
12-13-2005, 09:12 PM
hehe, i think he's great. i still watch those old series of diagnosis murder ...

he could be a official 'celebrity' user of lightwave and go tour with newtek at shows..

geothefaust
12-13-2005, 09:14 PM
He's getting up there in age. Chitty Chitty... Toot toot! :bowdown:

Silkrooster
12-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Today is Mr. Dick Van Dyke's Birthday... Hope you had a great day.

For those who are new to Lightwave, Mr. VanDyke is a lightwave user. =)

Thats great to know. Happy Birthday :bday: Mr. VanDyke.

I often thought it would be cool, if he roamed these boards. :D I am looking forward to seeing his new series on Hallmark channel called "murder 101" Good luck where ever you are.

Silk

cgbloke2004
12-13-2005, 10:20 PM
yeah, it'd be cool if he says hello!

ted
12-14-2005, 12:52 AM
Ditto on the B-Day wish! I thought it was great when he showed up at Toast03 at NAB and gave away some prizes! I know Ron and I treasure those pictures.

colkai
12-14-2005, 02:58 AM
:beerchug: :agree: Gotta wish the big DVD a Happy birthday - a complete role model. :bday:
All accounts have him as a really nice guy, he stays young at heart, does what he loves and is a Waver to boot.
I mean - how cool can a guy get? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Barry Oborne
12-14-2005, 03:21 AM
:thumbsup: that is totally cool I didn't know that Dick Van Dick was a Waver. He has always been one of my hero an intersting that some one mentioned Chitty Chitty Bang Bang that flying car was way cool. Does anbody know or have an idea of what kind of work DVD does in LW?

Barry Oborne
12-14-2005, 03:43 AM
Silk, Hey there you are one active guy! Do you know where I could down load a model that has an IK rig that I can study to get a better idea of how to set them up? On a personal note it sure is great to be back to LW after working ten to twelve hours a day in Maya, not to put Maya down but LW feels so much]more agile.

Silkrooster
12-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Silk, Hey there you are one active guy! Do you know where I could down load a model that has an IK rig that I can study to get a better idea of how to set them up? On a personal note it sure is great to be back to LW after working ten to twelve hours a day in Maya, not to put Maya down but LW feels so much]more agile.
Since this is way off topic, I recommend that you go ahead create a new post in LW General support section and I am sure someone way more qualified than myself can give you the answers you are looking for. If I were you though, I would go through the content cd that came with LW as there should be IK examples in it.
Good luck and I appologize for not having better information for you.
Silk

toby
12-14-2005, 06:36 PM
he could be a official 'celebrity' user of lightwave and go tour with newtek at shows..
Happy Birthday Mr. Van Dyke!! :beerchug: You've uplifted all our lives, thank you for all your hard work! :heart: So glad to hear you're still performing too.

Mr. Van Dyke doesn't tour per se but he did give a talk at Siggraph this year. If you can find the Siggraph videos on this site I'm sure you'll see him.

nthused
12-14-2005, 07:40 PM
He's getting up there in age. Chitty Chitty... Toot toot! :bowdown:
Ah, yes. James Bond for kids. Loved that movie. One of the first DVDs I purchaced.

Happy Birthday indeed to a wonderful artist.

newsvixen8
12-16-2005, 04:51 AM
Happy Belated, to a true Gentleman of our Time! Thanks for everything!