PDA

View Full Version : Any Hampton Roads, VA User Groups?

ChillWill Graphix
12-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey guys (and gals),

Was wondering if there are any User Groups in the Hampton Roads, VA area? If not, how many would be interested in getting one started? I spend most of my evenings messing with LW8 - I'm a noob - and loving it, but think it would be more fun to have a group of LW'ers to hang out with. What do you all think? Looking forward to your thoughts and ideas!

Happy Holidays - Mike

s4man3
12-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Is there a User Group in Richmond, VA. Area? I'm from the Richmond Area. Been using LW since April 2005, but learning rapidly. Looking for Buddies with knowledge.

Duncan7
02-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi Mike, I'm in the Ghent area, downtown Norfolk

bethel
02-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi Mike, I teach Lightwave at a local high school. Would love to share/exchange ideas, tips. etc.

ChillWill Graphix
02-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Hey guys,

WOW!!! Talk about a thread that is back from the dead!!! It's really cool to find some more local users of LW. I have to admit that I haven't had much time for LW lately - work has kept me pretty busy and I've been too whooped at the end of the day. I really need to make more of an effort to more over the weekends. I'm pretty much still a noob. I mainly do tutorials and have not done anything of my own. I enjoy recreating things from tutorials, but in the end, I would really like to come up with something on my own. So what do you guys all do? How cool it must be to be able to teach animation at a High School (wish I'd had that option back in the day). I'll refrain from telling me age outright LOL But, suffice to say that the only computer related class available back then was a BASIC Program class LOL Well, I'm whooped, but wanted to reply to you guys. Lemme know if you all might be interested in finding somewhere to meet up - although, I have a funny feeling that you all are way above my skill level LOL Hope you guys have a great weekend!!!

Cya - Mike

P.S. If you guys wanna swap email address/messenger ID's please feel free to send me a private message!!!

mario128
03-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Hi,

I had the chance to take a beginner 3D class at Hampton High, but haven't made much progress since then. I'm wonder if there are any more local Lightwavers.

darthbile
05-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Hi Guys been using LW since it was Videoscape (haha), I've all so been a Beta-tester for Newtek on an off for years,So if theres anything I can help with please let me know. All ways interested in others into LW, let me know if u form a group ...thanks...BG www.bgreenfx.com

Cobalt
05-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Though I'm currently in Iraq, I'd be willing to join a LW group based out of Richmond, VA when I get back in the fall. I juse Lightwave for my work in Qunatico all the time. I know a few other Lightwavers in the Northern VA area as well.

darthbile
05-17-2006, 04:33 PM
sound good let me know when your back...bill

redlum
06-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Though I'm currently in Iraq, I'd be willing to join a LW group based out of Richmond, VA when I get back in the fall. I juse Lightwave for my work in Qunatico all the time. I know a few other Lightwavers in the Northern VA area as well.

Hey, I'd love to tag along on trips to Richmond when you get back. I live in NoVA too. Love Lightwave. Look me up when you return.

arma3d
06-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Hello,

I've been a lw'er since the videoscape days as well, always as a hobbyist. I am a transplanted NY'er who'd like to get to know the LW scene here, tho may be difficult sionce I'm learning to drive again and don't have a car (or job). I still use 5.6 but am learning {slo-o-o-wly 7.5}.

Anyone wishing to communicate please do so at Mallecort#hotmail.com

thanx.

anybody remember Aladdin 4d ?

Engelbrite
06-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Hi,
If you want to check out what I'm using Lightwave for, check out: www.CandyCrossroads.com (http://www.CandyCrossroads.com)

Peter Engelbrite <><