PDA

View Full Version : fprime PROBLEM

scottn
12-13-2005, 07:04 AM
Today for no apparent reason when I hit render on fprime, I have been getting bright green artifacts all over my surfaces and some of my surfaces render completely green. It happens in every scene and setup Ive tried.

Does anyone know anything about this problem?

I'm using Lightwave 7.0 on Windows XP and fprime v2.0

Captain Obvious
12-13-2005, 07:09 AM
Like this (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=300424)? You must be a member to view the attatchments, but the image shows bright green squares all over a glass.

scottn
12-13-2005, 07:35 AM
OK, heres the strange thing: First thing this morning the scene rendered fine. Then all of a sudden the problem just started happening. No strange surface settings, nothing like that at all. It happens on every scene I open, scenes that never had problems before. Shows up in the preview render as well. Ive tried rebooting. I havnt tried a re-install yet.

I was hoping there might be an easier solution.

spec24
12-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Fprime has its share of bugs. I had a rendering problem with it, it's hard to explain as I'm still not sure what it was doing but eventually it just went away. I didn't do anything different, it just vanished. Very strange.

Panikos
12-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Such temporary problems are due to memory.
I had an object that appeared 100% black. I replaced it with itself, peace restored.

Occasionally, a shutdown/restart cures computer problems in general :)

scottn
12-14-2005, 12:34 AM
OK, Ive tried everything

guess it's time to re-install

spec24
12-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Such temporary problems are due to memory.
I had an object that appeared 100% black. I replaced it with itself, peace restored.

Occasionally, a shutdown/restart cures computer problems in general :)

doubtful since it started working without me doing anything. Also - shutting down and restarting did not make it go away. It was totally random. Plus the scene was small.

scottn
12-15-2005, 01:19 AM
OK, tried a re-install and still no joy.

I have figured out what triggers the problem though. If I have any lights in my scene with shadows turned on, then the problem appears. Turn off shadows and there is no problem.

Also, it seems the problem only shows up in preview renders, but when you do a final render and save the file, the artifacts are not actually there. It's just one of those irritating bugs I'm going to have to live with I guess.