PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Autokey System

spigolo
12-13-2005, 06:48 AM
During the last months I started to study XSI just to have a comparison with LW and also, as I was fascinated by this software.

After using it for a while I realized something that I was missing in Lw that I hope will be fixed in 9.0 or may be in later releases: a global autokey system.

Lw autokey is limited to translation, rotation, and scaling (endomorph sometimes) but why we can't have a global autokey when we change a color of a surface, or a parameter of something else.
In Lw you have to access the envelope to add a key frame and a value, in all other 3d software this is done also buy having switched on the autokey.

Think about changing a color with the graph editor or just catching another color from the color picker or anything else..

this would give to the software also a different internal architecture to handle the animation that might bring to future flexibility..

Dodgy
12-13-2005, 10:35 AM
I second this :)

Wonderpup
12-13-2005, 10:37 AM
I switched to lightwave from max, and it was hard to adjust to having to go into the graph editor all the time to key things.

But once I got used to it I realised that there is an advantage to this system- it's very fast to access the curves of whatever you're keying, just hit 'E' and your there- so while I agree it would be nice to have a global autokey, I would also want to keep that fast envelope access.

GregMalick
12-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Good idea.
Although this is better posted in the LW Feature Request section.

:)