PDA

View Full Version : Numeric Field Frustration

WShawn
12-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Hello:

I posted this in the General Support forum but received only one reply, and my guess is that this is a Mac problem.

Is there a way to limit the number of decimal places displayed in the numeric fields in Layout? Or enlarge the numeric fields box?

For instance, I have an object that, I think, is positioned at 95.8873cm on the Y axis. Or maybe it's at -95.8873cm on the Y axis. I can't tell, because the numeric box is too small to hold all those digits and it's cutting off the first digit. I sometimes have similar issues in Modeler.

If this can't be corrected it strikes me as a pretty lame interface flaw. If it's going to crop digits why doesn't it crop the last digits? How many people have to position an object to one ten-thousandth of a centimeter precision?

This has probably been mentioned before, but a search of "numeric", "number" and "decimal" yielded no obvious answers.

I'm using LW 8.3 on Mac OS 10.3.

Thanks.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

ingo
12-12-2005, 02:59 PM
This is a well known problem since version 8.01. So far a lot of people mentioned this problem with the font size beeing to big to display all numbers, but so far no response from Newtek. I guess its there Mac-phobie ;)

WShawn
12-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. I thought I'd seen it mentioned before, but I wanted to confirm.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

Scazzino
12-14-2005, 05:16 PM
I've been stomping my feet about this one ever since it first appeared... :cry:

-MikeS