PDA

View Full Version : Vue not installing

peteb
12-12-2005, 10:28 AM
I know I shouldn't really be posting this on the lightwave forum but I went to the
E-onsoftware site and it could take up to 48 hours to get an answer so I thought I'd try here.
I've just recieved my Vue 5 bundle that you get when you pre order Lightwave 9. I've tried installing it which it started to do but then hangs on a certain material. So I went to custom install and un-ticked materials, tried again only for it to hang on something else.
As far as I can tell I've got enough memory on my hardrive so I can't think what else it would be, anyone have this problem or know what it could be?

Pete B

richgrafx
12-12-2005, 07:23 PM
as a long shot, maybe your disk has smudge or fingerprint

grab a cotton ball and alcohol and polish it up stroking from inside to outside of the disk (do not go around the disk)

worth a shot

geothefaust
12-12-2005, 08:50 PM
as a long shot, maybe your disk has smudge or fingerprint

grab a cotton ball and alcohol and polish it up stroking from inside to outside of the disk (do not go around the disk)

worth a shot

Also, check for very small scratches. I had an extremely tiny scratch on my disc, that i couldn't see, that was hindering my installation. I had to contact the reseller I purchased Vue from, to get a new disc.

peteb
12-13-2005, 06:10 AM
Cheers guys I did try to wipe it but not that carefully I just used a soft tshirt I was wearing so maybe should have been more considerate. It didn't seem to make any difference but I'll try the cotton wool technique. I've managed to install it but had to un-tick materials, ojects and something else. Going to see if I can just move them from the cd into their relevant folders...that is if I can remember what the last thing I un-ticked was.

geothefaust
12-13-2005, 09:18 PM
It sounds like a few areas of the disc, that contain the ones you un-ticked, definitely have some kind of problem. Have you contacted your reseller (or eon?) about the issue? I would try to get a new disc if you can't install the entire application with all of the materials, etc..