PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy LW9 upgrade?

lardbros
12-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Sorry, i have asked this question before, and came to the conclusion that onevideo would be the best, but i've had a search on the good ol' web and found a place called Jagtech.co.uk. They have the upgrade for a pretty darn good £287.15, including the shipping and VAT!!

Has anyone ever bought from them before? and were they efficient etc? Just wondering if they are scammers or anything!

Thanks for any info! I'm just getting a bit excited about LW9... and am thinking about snapping it up with Vue Infinite before the deal ends this chrimbo.

EDIT:
------------
too late anyway... i have just ordered a copy from them, so fingers crossed... and i guess i'm the guineapig, i'll let you know how it goes!

Dooby
12-12-2005, 12:17 PM
I would email OneVideo (http://www.onevideo.co.uk) they usually have a policy not to be beaten of price.

I would always prefer to buy from someone who knows what LW is.... Look at the other things Jagtech sell..... and I have seen that site before, they are one of these virtual ones everything is run and maintained by a third party, usually the distributor that supplies the product - all the proprietor does is design a logo and pick up a cheque at the end of the month...

Look:

http://www.transaction-one.com/gs/html/h/hs/en/home.jsp?pubid=846
http://www.digitalphotosolutions.co.uk/gs/html/h/hs/en/home.jsp?pubid=4509

Scary isnít itÖ

Dooby!

lardbros
12-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Scary isnít itÖ

Ummmm, it is now yeah!!! :cry:
I ordered it last night, just because i couldn't actually wait any longer... trust me to go for the cheaper option and probably get hammered!! That's the way it works i guess. Although i did look for reviews of the place beforehand, and they weren't bad at all. (But then how trustworthy are the actual reviewers?)

Anyway, i'll sit tight and see what happens... i can always cancel it, luckily i paid by credit card so i'm insured to an extent.

Thanks for the info though, and those sites are bloody identical... aside from differing VAT inclusion techniques!

Qexit
12-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Hm, I hope you get your upgrade without any problems. I would have been wary of buying from a site that is still listing LW8.3 rather than LW8.5. Onevideo would have been slightly more expensive...but they do provide excellent after sales service and can even answer some questions about LW :D

lardbros
12-14-2005, 03:39 AM
I know, i know... well now i do! They informed me that my Vue will arrive before the end of the week though, so i guess they're not too bad. But as the old saying goes

"You gets what you pays for" (Maybe it's just a saying down where i live though)

lardbros
12-15-2005, 12:02 PM
WOW, i don't know how they managed it, but i got Vue delivered today!! That's pretty impressive if you ask me... and for nearly £30 cheaper than Newtek Europe or Onevideo!!

I wouldn't say they have the nicest website in the world, but they certainly deliver what they offer!!!

Just thought i'd let you guys and gals know that it wasn't a con, and they didn't scam me.... yet!

newsvixen8
12-16-2005, 04:39 AM
For any others looking to buy, SpinQuad is running a deal right now; not sure if they ship to Europe though. I bought mine from Newtek a while back and am now just waiting patiently... :)

Qexit
12-16-2005, 05:14 AM
For any others looking to buy, SpinQuad is running a deal right now; not sure if they ship to Europe though. I bought mine from Newtek a while back and am now just waiting patiently... :)It's a US only deal. Non-US members of SpinQuad cannot apply.

To Lardbros: pleased to hear the deal has gone through without any problems :thumbsup:

lardbros
12-16-2005, 05:50 AM
Newsvixen:
Typical eh? Trust me to receive my copy the day they create a 20% off deal.

I'm not too bothered, the £30 i saved by getting it from Jagtech is the 20% anyhow... so i'm not fuming. I almost was though!

Cheers Qexit... believe me, i'm glad too :D and to be honest, i was very impressed with their service and quick delivery! Good stuff