PDA

View Full Version : lipsynch troubles....

giri
12-11-2005, 07:06 AM
hi to all, i hope somone can help with a prroblem thats probably easily fixed(i hope)im trying to lipsynch with a charachter, but when i playback the timeline to compare morphs to audio i cant see her face movements, (only in pause mode,) i did some previews to override that situation but in preview i couldnt get the audio....so i dont know if her voice is insynch with her lips..what to do ??

Axis3d
12-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Hit 'd' on your keyboard to open the Display Options panel. Make sure that your Bounding Box Threshold is set high enough (try 100,000). If it is too low, when you hit play, or scrub, in Layout, the objects will turn to bounding boxes. Maybe this is what's happening.

giri
12-13-2005, 02:19 AM
thanks a lot , that fixed it, but i still cant hear the audio when i do a preview..or is this normal???

Axis3d
12-13-2005, 11:21 AM
I usually don't do a preview by using the Make Preview command. If my object is a SubD one, I set the display subdivision for the object to 0 or 1. This way, I can hit the Play button in Layout and see it in real time without generating a preview. If your object is not a SubD, you can make a stand-in version which has much fewer polygons. Animate that one, then replace object with the hi-rez one when you are ready to render.

toby
12-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Try reloading the audio file. I find I have to do this frequently.