PDA

View Full Version : What's that? Render Artifact? ??

Dirk
12-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi, does somebody how render artifacts like this happen?

There is this pink spot in the render preview, and in the final picture, it's a black, box-like looking spot. I changed the render angle, rendered again and it disappeared, but after unoing the camera rotation to the old position and rendering again, it's there again. I changed from classic reconstruction to box and back, but it doesn't matter. The render in progress looks fine, also the antialiasing-passes, the spot appears there right at the end of the rendering process.

Do I have ghosts in my machine ???

Dirk
12-10-2005, 05:14 AM
Hmmm? Did this never happend to anybody before?

Dirk
12-10-2005, 06:32 AM
LoL. This is the "one in a million" possible camera angles. If I change heading only about 0.01 degree, it's gone. Couldn't I have won in a lottery instead?

connerh
12-10-2005, 11:53 AM
I've had that happen once before as well, just tapped the camera slightly to one side and it was fine... very strange.

starbase1
12-11-2005, 04:01 AM
I have seen something similar when I stupidly manged to get 2 sets of polygons in exactly the same place - its a LOT worse with different surfaces!

Nick

CB_3D
12-11-2005, 12:13 PM
yeah, thatīs what i thought too, 2 polys overlapping.

sirius156
12-11-2005, 12:39 PM
digital confusionalso does kind of same trouble sometimes, may that wouldnt happened on classic reconstruction rendering??

toby
12-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Does this happen with classic AA?

At 3 1/2 minutes a frame, surely you can afford a few seconds to use good aa on this, the classic kind.

Exception
12-12-2005, 01:53 PM
It sounds as if an image processing plugin went nuts...
if it happens at the last possible moment, this makes sense.
I've seen similar glitches with HDRExpose and Corona when values reach unreasonable levels.

pixelking
01-04-2006, 10:29 PM
I go the same problem and it is driving me nuts. It seems of late I have been having problems in LW with this problem. Never in the past.
Crazy @#$ is driving me nuts. There has to be a way.

toby
01-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Tell us what your settings are, and are you using any plug-ins?

Valter
01-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi

Take a look in the Object Property Panel -> Render - [Matte Object] should be check off.

pixelking
01-06-2006, 02:21 PM
I think I know what may have been causing the black artifacts to show up in renders.
The problem is NOT the Camera angle but the angle of the SKT_Sun light.

I found once this was done the problem just disappeared. (I was up til 4am until I figured it out)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW THIS WORKED FOR ANY OF YOU AS WELL

PixelKing

jeremyhardin
01-06-2006, 02:32 PM
i've had this problem on a much smaller scale (if it's the same thing). usually a 5x5 pixel square. wasn't using Skytracer though. i think mine was radiosity related. but i needed radiosity for my render. oh, and i couldn't change the camera angle because it was locked down. i actually had to cut a shot from my reel because the paint-fix was too time consuming for that one. never did solve it.