PDA

View Full Version : Hair anyone?

ece3k
12-08-2005, 01:57 PM
The SASLite plug doesn't seem to have been upgraded in a while. I am thinking of buying the plug in but will be majorly bummed if fur/hair has a new implementation in a soon to be released version.
Anyone know whether it is safe to buy?
Thanks,
Erik
[email protected]

AbnRanger
12-08-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm thinking the same as you...I'm going to wait and see what happens in the wake of the LW 9 release. In the mean time I'll be using Max 8 for Hair/Fur.

BazC
12-08-2005, 02:22 PM
There are a couple of other hair solutions that might be ported over to Lightwave but I suspect that both will take some time to appear, I'm not aware of anything imminent or even definately in development. I'd still be inclined to wait and see what LW9 brings though, both in terms of new features and improved SDK.

hrgiger
12-08-2005, 04:14 PM
The SASLite plug doesn't seem to have been upgraded in a while.
As far as I know, Saslite has never been upgraded. I wouldn't be hoping for much from saslite. It is simply a commerical placed in Lightwave to get you to buy the full version of Sasquatch. The full version of sasquatch is nice and I own it, but it does have it's limitations (not true geometry, no reflections, and you have to rely on Lightwave's dynamics or other tools to animate the hair). I'm hoping a more flexible SDK in Lightwave 9 may make it easier to improve upon Sas.