PDA

View Full Version : Question about VT svideo adapters.

Jim_C
12-07-2005, 11:55 AM
VT comes with adapters to convert the Y and R-Y of it's component to s-video.
Similar to the first picture(except svideo is female).

Would it be better to use an actual component to svideo cable?
Similar to what is pictured in second picture?
I realize RCA connectors would have to be adapted to BNC.

Thanks
Jim

PIZAZZ
12-07-2005, 01:06 PM
nope.

the pinouts would most likely be different. Also their would be no real reason to use the component version.

We sell both adapters for this use with either male or female BNCs to the male SVideo.

JReble
12-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah, What he said. The component cable pictured is not an S-video to component cable either. It is a multi purpose adaptor for a video card or projector. The single plug end is not s-video, it had additional pins and can only be connected to supporting equipment. There is no such thing as an s-video to component. S-video only has two signal components, Luminance (Y) and chrominance (C). The cable Newtek provides, or one like it, is the best you'll do.

Jim_C
12-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks guys... I was 90% certain of the above info given.
Then I saw that 2nd adapter and everything I thought I knew went out the window.

Now I know what I thought I knew before.

Scott Bates
12-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Hmmm, does that mean that you're now 10% uncertain about what you think you know now Jim ...... or would that be 81% certain (90% minus 10% thus taking into account the Multipurpose to BNC to RCA conversion factor) of what you thought you knew before the wind outside your window blew what you know now away?
:confused: :question: