PDA

View Full Version : LW always reverting to default, no plugins

awrieger
12-06-2005, 10:12 PM
LW 8.5. OS X 10.4.3.

This is an odd situation I'm having and I'm at a loss as to what it could be. It started only a few days ago and I hadn't done anything to the system or anything to provoke it. Each time I open either Modeller or Layout now, it's reverted back to the default settings every time, no plugins loaded, display and/or menu changes lost etc etc.

I've done the usual delete the plist and preference files etc, TechTooled the drives etc to make sure everything's okay etc, but all to no avail and it's still happening. Very frustrating!

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what could be the problem, please? I've tried searching the forums but haven't found anything similar. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it's driving me nuts having to spend 15 minutes resetting everything and loading plugins up every time I open it.

eblu
12-08-2005, 06:13 AM
sounds to me like you haven't gotten rid of ALL of your pref files, and at least one is corrupt. theres more than Plists thats LW uses, and theres more than One place in your machine where LW keeps all of its pref files.
chances are its a file in your preferences folder, and that it Isn't a Plist at all.

barring that, I'd do a completely new re-install. its like using an elephant gun to kill a fly, but at least you'll know that fly is dead.

awrieger
12-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks Eblu. I'm pretty sure I got them all, so I'm going to try the complete reinstall and see if that works. Thanks again.