PDA

View Full Version : crash with LW 7.5b modeler

telamon
05-09-2003, 05:01 PM
I have experienced several times a very annoying crash with LW modeler.

Basically, when I unwillingly right-click on the viewport separation bar and move it (for instance when I want to make a lasso for a selection), LW desesperately crashes :(

Have you ever met this problem?

for information - my video card is based on the radeon 9700 chipset and Antialiasing is at 4x (higher AA values are very disturbing with LW :/)

Thanks for any reply

robpauza
05-10-2003, 12:16 AM
Lots of people seem to be having glitches with the 7.5b update. That problem seems to me like a hardware conflict. I'm actually having a similar thing happen with my GeForce 3 card. Modeler doesn't lock up, but the viewports all turn gray when I reposition them, but they go back to normal when I release the button. This also started for me after I upgraded to 7.5b.

In your case, I hate to say it, but you may want to revert back to version 7.5 for the time being. If your objects and scenes are just in the default (main Lightwave) directory, be sure and backup your files before you do any sort of upgrade, repair, or uninstalling. Otherwise, you may be one of the many unfortunate souls who learns the hard way to backup your files.

Good luck. I hope you get it back the way it should be.
-Rob

telamon
05-10-2003, 11:38 AM
thanks for the advice... I strongly envisage to go back to LW 7.5 :mad:

fortunately, I happen to save my files out of the LW directory (partly thanks to Ekki PlugPak which is supplied with a very good project management tool)...