PDA

View Full Version : Lens Flare and Digital Confusion

hoyouken
12-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Hi Guys,

i am having a scene with a distance light acting as a lens flare. However when i activate digital confusion, the lens flare effect is no longer there.

May i know if there is any settings i need to do to enable both functions to work at same time?

Many thanks!

Wonderpup
12-06-2005, 08:02 AM
hi hoyouken,

There is an image filter called 'flare2alpha' that would allow you comp the flare in.

hoyouken
12-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Hi Wonderpup,

i added the function 'flare2alpha' under the same place as the digital confusion place but still cant see the lens flare. Pls help.

Thanks again.

Carm3D
12-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Render the flare seperately. Turn confusion off.

Panikos
12-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Lens Flares and Glows do not exist in LW 3d world in the form of volumetric entities. Thus they cannot be reflected, refracted, or work with DOF. (***)
They are like invisible, inaccessible PixelFilters that you cannot change the order they apply.
Plugins like Digital Confusion simply ignore their existence.

(***) Flares due to Camera Lens (see Lens Reflections), are only visible due to the camera mechanism and they are not reflected anyway.

Distant Glows or Geometry glows have to be visible in geometry reflections etc but they need to be volumetric.
For example, if you have a Translucent fabric with sun behind it and you want to simulate the glow, its impossible cause LW flares cannot be refracted.

hoyouken
12-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Hey folks, many many thanks for the help.

I added the lens flare from After Effects although the lens flare effects is not what i really want compared to LW's.

To Panikos: then regarding your example of the a sun behind a translucent material, how do we achieve that kind of glow effect? Just out of curiousity.

Another question is how does the flare2alpha actually works? Is it i turn off the camera on everything object and then render the movie?

Thanks again.

Panikos
12-12-2005, 12:11 AM
regarding your example of the a sun behind a translucent material, how do we achieve that kind of glow effect? Just out of curiousity.

Render in 2 Layers/Scenes and compose works in most cases.