PDA

View Full Version : Mirror doesn't merge points after UV

yurikneppers
12-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm Yuri, and since 3 months I'm following a study in Lightwave. Right now we're at the point of texturimg our character, but something strange happens which even my tutor can't explain:
after having thrown away half of my model, (because I want to texture half of my model and later mirror it), I started creating the UV maps for some texturing in Photoshop. When I finished making the UV's for all the body parts, I wanted to mirror my model so the maps would be mirrored with it automatically....but...when using the mirror function with merge points activated I get to seperate halfs of the model, with a line all across the center of the model which indicates that all the points of the mirror have NOT been merged....

I hope someone can help us out!

Thanx in advance & greetz

Yuri :help:

toonafish
12-05-2005, 12:22 PM
could it be you have some endomorphs in your object ? If 2 points have a different position in a morph, modeler will not merge them. Which is logical, because it would screw up the morph.

You could try merging the points manualy by first selecting them and then use the merge tool with "fixed" settings and a very small distance or weld them manualy.

yurikneppers
12-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks mister Fish!

I used Endomorphs indeed to create better UV's and now after throwing them away the merge went fine...which is logical indeed...

Thanks again,

Yuri

P.S. ben je Nederlands? Ik zag op jullie site dat jullie in Amsterdam zitten, kom zelf ook uit Amsterdam, maar woon nu in ItaliŽ :)

toonafish
12-07-2005, 02:55 PM
helahola, jep wij zitten in het koude en regenachtige amsterdam ;-)

what's up in italy ?