PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Red SG Guitar

tommclaughlan
12-05-2005, 06:10 AM
based on my cheaper version of the gibson SG.
modelling, about 8 hours. texturing as i go, with some final touch ups (photomaps and such) at the end.
comments and crit welcome.
thanks.

nthused
12-05-2005, 06:53 AM
Nice. Very nice. Colors look good and the DOF and film grain add to the image.

Master25
12-05-2005, 09:55 PM
how do you add the film grain.

moremetall
12-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Hi ..nice work :D ..one thing , the strings EAD should be spunned (brase type) over the steel string ...(sorry for not finding he correct words, hope you understand what I meen)

loki74
12-06-2005, 12:57 AM
Yes, the E, A, and D strings should be wound. I'm guessing you knew this already and just didnt do it.

What actually caught my eye first is that the screws on the pickup seem very very reflective, almost to the point that they seem transparent and begin to look like water drops... that jsut happen to be spaced, shaped, and sized perfectly. I dunno.. am I crazy??

Well anyway--WOW. this is a very nice piece of art!! The composition, and modeling detal/accuracy is great, and the grain and DOF is icing on the cake. Great job! :thumbsup:

EDIT:
One other thing I noticed... Unless its the DOF playing tricks on me, it seems to me that the height of the strings off the fretboard at the high notes would render the guitar un-playable, and the neck would have severe inward bowing.