PDA

View Full Version : A possible bone glitch?

Relyt
12-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi, i seem to be having a serious problem here. I'm using Lightwave 8, and I'm working on a project for my class and it's due in less than a week. I'm almost finished with it, I have rendered 5 out of 7 total scenes. After i rendered my fifth scene, everything was fine and in place. But today, i opened LightWave 8 to continue my project and...

http://vales.com/gaming/pics/lw-boneproblem.jpg

uh oh! One of my worms' bones have exited the body somehow as if by magic, and they still move along with the body, but in a different position now. Sure, I could delete the worm then add it again, but I kind of want to continue from the exact position that it's in. Is there any way i can fix this problem and get the bones back into their correct positions?

connerh
12-02-2005, 06:23 PM
You have to reset the bones. Type "r" in layout when you have the bone selected, but make sure the bone is at/near a "default" position.

ercaxus
12-02-2005, 06:43 PM
If the bones are in correct place buth the mesh is flying around try resting every bone in the rig. If it's the bones that moved, then I can't say anything without seeing the scene, good luck. :D

edit: It didn't take 20 mins to write this okay ? I was reading some other stuff. :D

Relyt
12-02-2005, 07:46 PM
thanks a lot for the help :) the bones and mesh are now friends again, i just have to put the worm back into place. perhaps when i'm finished with my movie, i will post it on here. it will be my first lightwave movie, not counting the practice assignments i did :)

art_DA
12-06-2005, 11:49 AM
"try resting every bone in the rig."

Is that "resting" or "resetting?"

Is that the "r" hotkey?

I have this problem I think. I have a character that resembles the AOL guy.
Every single time I animate his bones and then get out of the program after saving, it's all twisted and ruined when I get back in.
Most of the bones stay where they were when I last saved them and some are off in space somewhere, plus, but the mesh is all screwed up.
I'm new to bones and rigging and I need to know if it's me, but I really don't think so.
I have FK set up only....no IK at all.

I'm on 8.3, Windows XP, sp2, Intel Pentium 4,

Is this a bug and if so, by downloading 8.5, will I be rid of this pain in the arse bug?
Will try to send a screen grab later.

Thanks,
Art

ercaxus
12-07-2005, 02:15 AM
art_DA: If your bones are flying all over the place there's something wrong somewhere. Can you post an example scene file with the problem?

and yes, resting there acutally was the "r" key.