PDA

View Full Version : Open File Dialogs crashing LW8.5

brokenrobot
12-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Got a problem driving me nuts. Almost every third time I open a file dialog in 8.5, LW closes. No explicit crash, no Dr. Watson, the program just goes away.

This only happens on machines that install my Wacom Intuos2 on, so it has something to do with that. Googling this scenario reports some other applications suffer this as well.

Has anyone else seen this before? It's made me almost completely unproductive.

I'm using Windows XP sp2, and the latest Wacom drivers. Reverting to the oldest driver available on Wacom's site doesn't fix this.

Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. I'm working on a imortant project, and this is really hurting me at the moment.

ACLOBO
12-02-2005, 03:39 PM
You are not the only person to have this happen. This is a nasty bug withLighwave that seems to happen more often if you are task switching - have some other stuff running. I run into it more often than not when I have photoshop open and modeler. This is not just an 8.5 thing either as I had it happen throughout the 8.x series.

I will usually tab out of lightwave to do something else in any other program. I then go back to modeler or lightwave and if I open a file dialogue box, crash to desktop - I listed this in the bug workshop section for 8.5, but it has been around (for me) a while longer than that.

Utter rubbish....

-Adrian

F1Racer
12-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Yep I get this a lot too.

Its worse after an F9 render that I might want to save and when I start typing the filename into the Save dialog box....bam. LW is gone. No error, nothing.

Hope its addressed in V9 because this bug has indeed plagued the 8.x series.

brokenrobot
12-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Ok, at least I'm not the only one.

But this is really, really bad for me as I can't use a mouse due to RSI, and my current work is for a feature film.

This sucks.